Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
21-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #1

Any ideas?

Hey ladies

I'm just after some advise.

I started letting Jerry out a while back now and to start with things were great, we live on street that nearly every house has a cat so there are alot around and they regularly come into our garden. Jerry is usually a little miffed at this but there wasn't any major drama up until a few weeks ago. There is a local (I think) cats that comes through a few times a week and he's massive. A few weeks ago I heard a bit of a commotion coming from the back and this massive cat had Jerey cornered, he ran off when I went out. It's been going on like this a few times a week since. Yesterday however the big cat took things to a new level and chased jerry into the house and cornered him in one of his beds upstairs! Jerry now will only go out when I'm with him

Any ideas on what I could do to deter this cat? We can't cat proof the garden as the one neighbours side only has a hedge and wire fence.

I've been going out and shooing the cat away every time I see him in the garden but other than that I have no idea what else I can do, any ideas?

Hope you are all well x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #2

Re: Any ideas?

Hi Erin - good to hear from you. Poor Jerry! That's such a shame. The only thing I can think of, could you make a secure enclosure for Jerry in the garden (another member Velvet has done this and has posted photos). At least he would be safe and be able to go out in the sunshine.

Otherwise a water pistol at the ready always to spray this bully of a cat.

Catsey Veteran

21-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #3

The vet recommended a water pistol but I don't think I can bring myself to do that. Although if it comes to it I guess I will have to.

We don't have the space in the garden to put up an enclosure after having decking and a shed up. Steve insisted on the biggest shed he could get away with, what is it with men and sheds

Catsey Veteran

21-02-2012, 03:18 PM   #4

A squirt from a water pistol won't hurt the cat ...... and he's bulling your Jerry, fair dos, I'd say!

Catsey Veteran

21-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
A squirt from a water pistol won't hurt the cat ...... and he's bulling your Jerry, fair dos, I'd say!
Yes your right, I need to do something before Jerry refuses to go out all together. It's such a shame cause he's been having a brilliant time, he loves it outside! I don't want this to stress him out to much and cause the cystitis to raise its ugly head, he's been doing so well since the food change and have access to the outside.

Catsey Veteran

21-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #6

Exactly Erin ...... pretend you are a mother lioness, you are only protecting Jerry!