Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #1

Coffee Fudge Friday

Hi everyone! Not very nice weather here today, was raining but is now overcast and windy and rather cold. Been out for a shorter walk with Monty - we are now trying to restrict his exercise to two half hour sessions per day - one off lead and the other on, with some training in between to see if that helps his behaviour.

Not sure what I will do this afternoon - laundry and there's always cleaning something or other, but I may just curl up somewhere warm with a book!

Have a good day peeps! Weekend nearly here.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #2

Re: Coffee Fudge Friday

Hello Angie and all to follow.
Been to work this morning and just got home to have something to eat. We need to do a shop so not a very inspiring meal

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-07-2011, 03:39 PM   #3

Hi Angie, Shelley, those to follow. Where is everyone else? Mostly cloudy, 27 C (81 F), heavy rain predicted for this afternon and evening. We do need rain. My new mouse pad came; the mouse does seem less skittish now. Chris is back in town, will be over this afternoon to hang the pictures and holders to display the teacup collection. No other news, quiet, was out to pick geass for Leia again.

How did Monty do on his second walk? Have a good shop, Shelley ... really enjoyed the quiz last night.

Stay safe, enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
08-07-2011, 03:55 PM   #4

Had a good night's sleep last night, it was the first time I'd been able to get really comfortable in bed since Monday and I only woke up every 2 hours which is great for me!

This afternoon I've been out to get my nails done so I'm starting to feel more normal now! I chose a dusky rose, quite an ordinary colour which doesn't draw too much attention to my nails as I had to have them cut quite short to help deal with the splitting which happened after getting the varnish removed last Friday.

The weather is just not seasonal, I feel so cold nearly all the time and these grey skies are just so dreary to look at.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
08-07-2011, 04:21 PM   #5

Hello everyone...

Busy day here - mid morning I went to my parents, and we all tumbled over to Ed to do lunch with my brother (who goes off on holiday tomorrow morning). FREAK lightning storm - especially for that area. It started gently enough, just the odd occasional rumble of thunder, and some lightning if you saw it. We weren't even sure if that's what it was. But at some spots, as well as the vivid T&L game, we had hail bouncing off the pavements, and on at least one occasion had to dive for cover on our way back to the car (seconds worth of time).

I think it was the duration which was the strangest thing as much as anything else... it sure wasn't what we get in Scotland as a rule anyway!!!

Have to go back to Dunf tomorrow again (earlier morning), as the car has been noisy for the past few weeks. Dad diagnosed it as the exhaust, and the garage man said to drop by with it in the morning, so...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-07-2011, 05:25 PM   #6

Hi Squirrel - OH told me about the electric storm because they had to get everyone off the golf course at Inverness because of it - and play was obviously suspended. I wondered if anyone would see and report it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
08-07-2011, 05:37 PM   #7

Hi everyone, it's been a busy week travelling but it is Friday and I don't have to go anywhere for two whole days? I was getting bored of driving. I may just sit on the sofa and test my eyes for a few minutes.......

Catsey Veteran

08-07-2011, 05:54 PM   #8

Inverness? Maybe there were 2 of them then Angie (or it just travelled quickly!)? Edinburgh is a fair number of miles south of Inverness, and I'm pretty sure that a lot of the area in between was pretty clear. But possibly weather a bit haywire in several parts of Scotland at some points today?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-07-2011, 06:28 PM   #9

Am I wrong? Somehow over the years I've gotten the impression that violent thunderstorms aren't as common in the UK as here ........ be interested in your comments.

Catsey Veteran

08-07-2011, 07:40 PM   #10

They're pretty rare - especially the more violent ones. We sometimes do get small ones fairly regularly, if we've had a very hot summer or two, but no... My comment to my parents when we were in it was that we were definitely not in the UK any more...