Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-04-2011, 01:15 PM   #1

Thursday

Afternoon everyone, just a quick check in before i go visit my friend.
Great quiz last night, i realy enjoyed it and having a chat.
Decided to walk the dogs seperately today so two walks later we are tired, lovely fresh sunny day.
Pets all successfuly wormed this morning, thank goodness for chicken.
Back later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-04-2011, 03:03 PM   #2

Re: Thursday

Hi Shelley! Everyone must be busy today, hope all are well. Yes, the quiz was great last night, I'd really missed it while in hospital.

Mostly cloudy today and a bit cooler than it should be still: 9 C (47 F). Have to go in for pre-op tests this afternoon; will be so glad when all this is over and done with!

Glad the worming is done!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #3

Hi Shelley and Eileen - absolutely glorious day here, warm sunny, very little wind. OH and I have been for a short walk around Itchenor, nice and flat and not too far. My feet are a bit sore, but I didn't get the pain like last week so we have had a nice day. Came home and had a cuppa outside in the garden.

Today is D-Day for my diet! I am starting off with Slim-fast as a kick start as I must lose some weight which will help my poor feet. I have weighed in, had a shake for breakfast and a raisin and cinnamon bar and an apple, sitting on the wall overlooking the water. Drinking more water too - well, that's the plan. Having some baked salmon and salad for supper.

Glad the worming is done. I am so glad the cats can be spot on wormed now.

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
07-04-2011, 04:52 PM   #4

Hey all... Well, am home, and have done a few things about the place. Just put on yet another washing. My whole life right now is washing!!! But then, I'd rather that than clothes which stink of smoke, so...

I'm now officially on holiday!!! Tomorrow I've got to pack, make sure I'm fully prepared for all am doing while away, and go see parents. May well also do a tip trip, and check up to make sure that my car tyres are OK on the way there - plus pick up petrol on the way back. Tyre wise, I've got some leaky seals, and as am driving all the way to Aviemore and back...

Hope all goes well with you all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
07-04-2011, 05:42 PM   #5

Hi, guys.
It is sunny for now but the ground it still soggy.
Yesterday we had rain/hail/sun all in the same hour..the weather here is ridiculous sometimes about making up its mind!
I just learned that in UK pants are referred to as trousers..so when I have been saying pants did you guys think I meant underwear? Oh dear
Not sure what I'll do today..supsect it will depend on the weather

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
07-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #6

TBH Tink... I notice the pants/trousers things more often in stories than on here. But yes, I do tend to think folks mean underwear, before rethinking the context and other language (if someone writes 'mom' rather than 'mum' for example will readjust the 'pants' thing more automatically) and working out what was meant.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-04-2011, 08:13 PM   #7

Don't worry Tink! We know our American friends mean "trousers" when they write "pants"!! Just out of interest, what do you call pants/knickers/underwear???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
07-04-2011, 08:23 PM   #8

We call them underwear
Good, I was thinking back when I posted about buying K new pants because his were beat up and what you guys might have thought

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-04-2011, 10:35 PM   #9

it fascinates me how we all use different words for different things, Tink.
I tend to call trousers , Pants. To me trousers are more dress pants, wearas pants are well, pants
Years ago there used to be trews which i think were crimpoline , elasticated waist pants
We also use the word pants to mean something is rubbish, this is a modern saying.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
07-04-2011, 11:01 PM   #10

Reminds me of a German friend I have who was over visiting. We were out in a group of us and she loudly exclaimed 'I just love your pants' - everyone stopped for a moment and then had to explain. Poor soul was a bit pink!

I think now with TV, films, books etc. we all tend to pick up what is meant.