Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Closed Thread

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
13-05-2006, 09:10 PM   #91

Re: Moggies... is it ever right to breed them?

Thank you for those answers.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-05-2006, 09:13 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie3917
so why have you done it?
again not to keep a kitten was it?
Would keeping a kitten have made it "okay" ?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
13-05-2006, 09:26 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Het
why do you do it?
i done it to keep a kitten for my self. i didnt cos she had only boys and i wanted a girl see a reason to have a litter, yes i had homes lined up for all the kittend but i was let down by a few as they wanted girls and different colours. if i didnt want to keep a kitten i would not of had the litter both fran and deestar both said they have done it for others

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
13-05-2006, 09:30 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Het
why do you do it?
Isn't it continuation of the species???
and why is it that caring loving cat owners are tarred with the same brush as inconsiderate unscrupulous breeders...moggie or pedigree????
We are all here on Catpages because we love our Cats, why should anyone be condemned for it, and if that includes having a litter of kittens for the sheer joy and pleasure then so what, as long as its done responsibly. Why should certain people be allowed to breed from ther cats and not others, that seems extremely arrogant to me. We shouldn't be attacking each other..we should be congratulating and encouraging those who are conscientious about the welfare of their cats and kittens!!!!!!!
The main problem I have with breeding moggies is that there are far too many as it is, why breed more? At least with responsibly bred pedigree Cats there are health checks on parents, inoculations etc not the case with moggies.

Good and bad with everything, I feel exactly the same about people that breed dogs for financial gain, and TOP breeders/exhibitors are as much to blame there let me tell you, regardless of health testing!

If I am honest, nobody has given me any reason to think that the moggy Cats on here were bred for anything other than profit, none have been kept in the litters that are on here, there are certainly no health benefits for Cats having kittens and the fact that it is done repeatedly leaves me in little doubt. Those are my personal feelings and mine alone, I apologise for any offence caused, but with the reasons given for breeding I just cant get my head around it. Yes I sound like a Cow, but as I said, I was taught to tell the truth, a bit of honesty never goes amiss.

Should people choose to do this to their Cats then obviously its their choice, just not for me.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
13-05-2006, 09:31 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Would keeping a kitten have made it "okay" ?
it makes it OK to me, i done it to try to better what i had and keep a kitten to maybe show, i had homes lined up for 5 kittens they had a good start in life, after paying for mums care, kitten vac's food and litter i made about £100. if i had kept a kitten (if there was a girl) i would of been out of pocket and that was fine with me. unless you are planning to keep a kitten i cant see the point in breeding

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Mog
13-05-2006, 10:57 PM   #96

No one 'has' to answer any questions..... but i would suggest that if being asked certain questions makes someone feel uncomfortable they need to look to themselves and perhaps question their judgement.

I am not getting at 'anyone' because bar the two people i know on here personally, IRL, i dont know ANYONE, yer all the same to me, you could all be top class pedigree breeders with multiple show winning cats, or back street moggy peddlars, i wouldnt know.

And that is a valid point. Some people seem to assume that because someone posts on a forum, a forum specific to the care and welfare of cats (or dogs or horses or motorbikes or whatever) they are above reproach, they can do no wrong.

This simply ISNT the case - with the exception of Snoof and Borderdawn and possibly one or two other familiar names, no one here knows me, How DO you knwo i dont breed hundreds of unhealthy moggies with horrible hereditary conditions and sell them to pet shops.... you DONT.

If we can NEVER question what we think may be morally (or in any other way) wrong, what do we do, sit by and let it go unchallenged?? Wossat quote abotu that?

'For evil to prevail, it takes one good man to do nothing'...

Sadly, newcomers to websites like these DO assume that whatever goes on on there is the norm, is perfectly acceptable, and then they go away and carry that misinformation on.

Breeding to improve a breed, breeding to carry on a line, ok its still because WE want to breed.... but breeding because your friend wants a kitten? Sorry, why is it YOUR cats problem that your friend needs a kitten?? Why is it right that a cat risks her health because someone would like to give or sell their friend a kitten?

Its not - as far as i am concerned if you want a specific moggy, you look and you wait and you travel for the one you want.

Em

Admin Team

Cats owned: Bengal
Az is Male
13-05-2006, 11:44 PM   #97

I think it's time this thread was closed. It's an emotive topic and I think all sides have had their say.

Closed Thread