Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
10-05-2006, 08:04 PM   #31

Re: Pet insurance.

Fran - quite a few insurance companies will pay either to you or the vet, Sainsburys (who I am with) will, but my vet doesn't allow that, so it isn't always a matter of making sure the insurance company will pay to them, it depends on the vets.
My vets dont charge more for the treatment, but htey do charge either £3.15 or £3.85 to fill the form in and send it off, which I think is a bit naughty.
And about putting money aside - it doesn't always work out - if the insurance company pay out for Pebbles insurance, I will get £239 (after my excess), and I have only had it since Aug at £10.66 per month - so I think I got the better deal. And I may be able to get £30 for her blood tests too. Ginger however isn't insured as he is 14, and it was over £14 a month for him and apart from his teeth, he has always been a healthy cat. I do give my vets so much a month for their vaccs and blood tests - but then Pebbles had to have hers 6 months early, so not got round to taking more up yet.