Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Siamese.Maine Coon. moggies
08-01-2006, 08:54 PM   #41

Re: Breeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Yes I think they are, are there not enough being bred by irresponsible means to supply the pet market for an awful long time? No different to breeing mongrels in my opinion.
Dawn.
and we both know how many pedigree breeders are in it for the money....breeding from queens with faults time and again for money, at least a person letting their pet mog have a litter can't be accused of being in it for financial reasons.
Whats worse...knowingly exploiting a pedigree cat for cash or letting a loved family pet have her babies accidentally or intended. Yes there are so many irresponsible owners...both pedigree and moggy.....but you just can't tar everyone with the same brush

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
08-01-2006, 09:09 PM   #42

when did i tar every 1 with the same brush?

where did i say that moggy breeders wouldnt take a kitten/cat back that needed help?

please dont put words to my posts that i have not typed
THANKS!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
08-01-2006, 09:11 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Het
and we both know how many pedigree breeders are in it for the money....breeding from queens with faults time and again for money, at least a person letting their pet mog have a litter can't be accused of being in it for financial reasons.
Whats worse...knowingly exploiting a pedigree cat for cash or letting a loved family pet have her babies accidentally or intended. Yes there are so many irresponsible owners...both pedigree and moggy.....but you just can't tar everyone with the same brush
Yes I agree with you there, people who mass produce dogs or Cats are definately in it for financial gain, but why produce moggy kittens when there are thousands needing homes already? Its the idiots and the irresponsible, people like Smudgley are having to clear up after and its common knowledge that all these kittens bred from "pets" will not be welcome back at the house they were bred at should anything go wrong. so what happens, more rescues! People complain about thousands of dogs being bred and being PTS every day, the very same happens with Cats, probably more so if the truth be known.
Dawn,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
08-01-2006, 09:17 PM   #44

Quote:
its common knowledge that all these kittens bred from "pets" will not be welcome back at the house they were bred at should anything go wrong. so what happens, more rescues! Dawn,
I have followed this thread with interest. I can see all sides of the coin here and hypocritically my thoughts on dog breeding and cat breeding do differ However, Maud one of my queens had 'accidental' kittens. I kept one kitten, the other three of her kittens I rehomed. I would always without reservation or doubt take any or all of those kittens back here if circumstances so dictated. So whilst I respect your opinions and do not disagree with a lot of what you are saying, I feel that on this occasion this was rather a sweeping statement

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
08-01-2006, 09:19 PM   #45

i know every 1 does not want a pedigree but i still cant see a reason for leting your mog have a litter. there are enough opps litters (by this i mean where the owner didnt know the cat was calling or times when cats got to gether with out the owner knowing that had been kept apart) to cover any1 wanting a mog kitten. so there is still no reason to let a mog have 1 litter

Catsey Veteran

08-01-2006, 09:23 PM   #46

Nat, I am not arguing whether it is right or not to let a mog have kittens I am merely saying it isn't fair to tar everyone with the same brush. I would happily take any kittens back that I had been responsible for producing whether pet, pedigree accident or whatever....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
08-01-2006, 09:27 PM   #47

Quote:
Nat, I am not arguing whether it is right or not to let a mog have kittens I am merely saying it isn't fair to tar everyone with the same brush. I would happily take any kittens back that I had been responsible for producing whether pet, pedigree accident or whatever....
How many would be in the same position as you though? Just take a look at how many are in centres and are up for sale in local papers as "accidents"
DAwn.

Catsey Veteran

08-01-2006, 09:29 PM   #48

Quote:
How many would be in the same position as you though? Just take a look at how many are in centres and are up for sale in local papers as "accidents"
DAwn.
I don't dispute that either Dawn, I am merely saying that it is unfair to tar all 'moggie' owners with the same brush

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Siamese.Maine Coon. moggies
08-01-2006, 09:34 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie3917
when did i tar every 1 with the same brush?

where did i say that moggy breeders wouldnt take a kitten/cat back that needed help?

please dont put words to my posts that i have not typed
THANKS!
bobbie I was in fact replying to Dawns post which is why I quoted it.....therefore I wasn't putting words to your posts.....no caps...thanks

Catsey Veteran

08-01-2006, 09:45 PM   #50

Pedigree dog....where are the breeders??

http://www.catpages.co.uk/talkcats/s...ed=1#post74319

I rest my case. I would take back my moggie kittens and not allow them to get into this state!!