Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
13-01-2006, 10:53 AM   #21

Re: Limits to veterinary intervention????

I saw it too. Poor reindeer and poor Taggy, 5 weeks in hospital. Her poor owners faces when they saw her wounds

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
13-01-2006, 11:38 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi
I saw it too. Poor reindeer and poor Taggy, 5 weeks in hospital. Her poor owners faces when they saw her wounds
Indeed. I wondered if the vets had been totally honest about the chances for Taggy. That would be tough for a human to go through - poor animal can't understand at all.................and just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-01-2006, 12:48 PM   #23

I almost watched it then took the girls out for a walk instead. But saw the cat's owner when she said he was poorly again and then the vets had to drain the fluid. I can't see it was doing him any good.

Is it a case these days of because we can we will, I mean the if you look at the way the choice may be laid out "spend the money and he lives don't and he dies" could mean people who are already distressed by a poorly animal will think "I can't loose him but for money" hence they spend it. And once you are started down that road how and when do you draw the line?

I myself hope I would not take that route. And look at it from the animals point of view not my own.