Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-10-2005, 11:56 AM   #1

My Ferdy

Ferdinand (originally blackcat) came into our garden to get fed. We left food out for him and eventually he would sit right by the back door waiting for it. Over a year or 2 he became a regular visitor irrespective of the weather. He was a big, black (hence the name) bruiser Tom with a huge head and narrow hips.

One day he arrived with a huge, infected wound on his head. We forced him into the cat basket and took him to the vet. Long story short, we took him on, had him neutered but he tested positive for FIV. As he was completely non-agressive (even when entire) towards our other 2 cats, we decided that we would take him on. All 3 cats happily co-existed and never an angry hiss was exchanged.

Ferdy was prone to illness - serious money was spent with the vet. He came through some heavyweight procedures but it was the sudden loss of Ferdy when he failed to come through a routine dental op in Oct '04 that took us all by surprise; had the vet AND the nurses in tears and took our dear Ferdy from us.

For many months I missed his heavy weight on my legs at night. However I know that one day he will be there again

This was my Ferdy-cakes, as you can see, once the dirt washed off he was actually a gorgeous very dark brown

And this is how he is with us now . . . in the room where we spend most of our time and where the other cats mostly hang out. He's still there with us all!! Sleep well my darling

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-10-2005, 01:25 PM   #2

Re: My Ferdy

What a touching story and what a special chap Ferdy was! How lovely that his memory lives on in your home..........RIP Ferdy x x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
17-10-2005, 01:30 PM   #3

He was a handsome boy, even if he was a rough diamond.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-10-2005, 02:01 PM   #4

What a lovely story of Ferdy, he was some special boy........run free big boy xx

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 moggies
17-10-2005, 04:49 PM   #5

That is a lovely story!! He looked lovely!!
RIP Ferdy!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
17-10-2005, 05:50 PM   #6

sleep well Ferdy

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
17-10-2005, 06:06 PM   #7

Sleep tight little one.............

Catsey Junior

17-10-2005, 10:07 PM   #8

Yola.... I think that is the first time I have seen a photo of Fredy! He truly was a handsome guy!