Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-12-2006, 09:49 PM   #51

Re: Litter training the Diva

Elaine, is she using the same box when she does it, or just any box? If it's the same, maybe it's that location or the litter in that one...? If it's random, then who knows,,,this is so frustrating for you (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
30-12-2006, 09:56 PM   #52

The last few times she has used the tray, it was the same one each time but again we have been here before. This time she preffered the one in the living room, the last time she preffered the one in the kitchen, so who knows.
I once even contacted an animal psycic who said Eva told her she wanted the blue tray so we gave her the blue tray and then she changed her mind and wanted the red one LOL
What to do with a Diva LOL. Just as well I have a good sense of humour, thats all I can say. LOL

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
30-12-2006, 09:58 PM   #53

LOL, Elaine! As you say, just as well you love the little madam! Have you tried an animal behaviourist?

Catsey Veteran

30-12-2006, 10:02 PM   #54

Yes and that was a complete waste of £60, I can tell you. Dont talk to me about animal behavourists or atleast the one here in Aberdeen, she is crap!!!

Catsey Veteran

30-12-2006, 10:04 PM   #55

That said I do know a woman in Sheffield who is very good and has helped me in the past with different things, but she is struggling with the Diva's antics too and suggested confining her to a cage and retraining her. I dont want to do this because I know the Diva and I know this will only make her stressed and very unhappy. I have even had trainee behaviourists contact me by e-mail trying to find the solution and they gave up too. LOL

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
30-12-2006, 10:06 PM   #56

Ah! Not that avenue then, lol. Does anyone know of an animal hypnotist? 'look at the swinging mouse Miss Diva, you are getting sleepy and you will not c**p on the carpets any more', lol!

Catsey Veteran

30-12-2006, 10:10 PM   #57

And you think you are NOT mad?
If I knew of one, beleive me I would give anything a try as long as it wasnt going to upset her even further.

Catsey Veteran

30-12-2006, 10:17 PM   #58

(rolls eyes, sighs heavily!) I've read on here about something called Feliway which I infer is something that calms and relaxes cats...have never heard of it here...have you tried that for her stress?

Catsey Veteran

30-12-2006, 10:28 PM   #59

LOL again yes, we have tried feliway and felifriend, training spray and rescue remedy.
I am really begining to beleive that she simply doesnt like the feel of grit, of any description, under her paws.
I do still have to try the compost and sand though, just havent managed to get the time to get to the garden centre yet, hopefully next week.
We have seriously tried almost everything. I used to think that maybe it was somehow to do with Winston and his illness, I also hoped that as she and Bernie bonded that she would gradually come out of it, but as i have said there really doesnt seem to be much rhyme or reason to it as she will use the tray to pee in and will poo in it too for anything from a few days to a week at a time, then its back to using the carpets again and always within a foot of the tray. I have tried scooping as soon as there is anything in the tray, keeping the trays as clean as possible to leaving her poo in the tray for differing lengths of time. Shallow litter, deep litter, tapering depths of litter and even built a sand castle complete with flag LOL.

Catsey Veteran

30-12-2006, 10:38 PM   #60

(sighs very heavily) At this point, all I can think of is to recommend the Serenity Prayer: Grant me the courage to change what I can change, to accept what I cannot change, and the wisdom to know the difference........