Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Siamese
03-09-2007, 12:10 PM   #1

Foxes (with pics)

Here is one of the foxes that lives in the garden next door! The house next to us is empty and the foxes made a den in the garden, and they used to come up on our shed to lay in the sun! But we took the shed down recently so we have'nt seen them for a while.

They are cute but i was worried incase they got near my dogs, because one of them looked really mangey.

They dont seem bothered by the dogs barking or me being in the garden!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
03-09-2007, 12:15 PM   #2

Re: Foxes (with pics)

Despite the fact that foxes are pests, they are very beautiful animals! Lovely piccies Lesley, really clear close up shots

Catsey Junior

03-09-2007, 12:18 PM   #3

Yes i cant say i was thrilled to have them around, i put a temporary fence across half my garden so the dogs could'nt get near them, i tried to get them moved but that meant me paying! the rspca wont do anything unless the animal is in distress.
Such a shame the foxes have no where to go all they woods are being cut down

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
03-09-2007, 01:04 PM   #4

Lovely pictures, but would hate to see a fox that close to my garden as I would be worried for my bunnies.....

They are lovely as they are in/near your garden and not mine!!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-09-2007, 01:11 PM   #5

Foxes are very pretty animals when they are in good condition. My late parents had a den of them at the top of their garden but unfortunately the adults were very mangey with very little fur on them....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-09-2007, 04:36 PM   #6

Beautiful animals, but I wouldn't want them near my cats! They seem completely unfazed at the human presence.. ........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
03-09-2007, 06:24 PM   #7

Yes they are beautiful creatures always had a soft spot for foxes. Think they get a raw deal really but have to agree don't want them near my cat.
If you are feeding them or providing shelter they will come more and more may be worth making some loud noises when they come next time so they move on or else they will make it their home and then encroach closer and may even become reliant on humans. Also if you get new neighbours they will have to move anyway.

Catsey Junior

03-09-2007, 07:21 PM   #8

They are not too close the garden is about 70 foot i just zoomed in and then cropped the picture but they are not bothered by the dogs barking.
One of them was really mangey it layed on the shed roof scratching which is why i halved the garden so the dogs could'nt get near, I phoned the council to see if they could get them moved on and all they done was gave me a number to ring, and they said if im worried about mange there is a powder medicine they could send me to put in food for them! or pay £100 for someone to come and clear the den! Luckily they havent been around for a couple of weeks since we took the shed down.
Ive heard if you go round the hair dressers and collect human hair thats been cut put it in tights around the garden and they wont come near, dont know if it would work though.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
03-09-2007, 07:58 PM   #9

Lovely pictures, I love foxes. I don't mind them in our garden.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
03-09-2007, 08:08 PM   #10

Stunning pictures. I wouldnt want them moved on from my garden, poor things are encroaching on us because we are taking all their natural habitat away.
Time for a human cull I think