Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
28-08-2007, 05:39 PM   #1

Poor dog..

As some of you know, when we returned from our holiday just over a week ago, my next door neightbours had been given a 10 month old mongrel dog. Whenever he used to bark in the garden (which was frequently) Cassie would be terrified and dash back indoors.

I was talking to my neighbour today and just happened to mention that the dog was quiet when she said "Oh, he's gone!". It appears they have given him away after two and a half weeks to someone else now! I feel pleased for Cassie's sake but feel so sorry for this poor dog as this is the third time he has been given away. Each time the new owner has given him a new name - the poor boy won't know who he is ...... and I hate to think how he is going to grow up.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
28-08-2007, 05:43 PM   #2

Re: Poor dog..

That makes me so angry, why the heck did they take the dog to begin with, poor boy will wonder what is going on....Hope whoever has him now will keep him and give him the love and home he deserves....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
28-08-2007, 05:45 PM   #3

AGHhhh Oh Flip And they wonder why dogs flip when there left, they dont think the person's coming back.
Poor poor baby boy. I really hope who has him now gives him all the love and security of a loving lasting home.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
28-08-2007, 05:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
That makes me so angry, why the heck did they take the dog to begin with, poor boy will wonder what is going on....Hope whoever has him now will keep him and give him the love and home he deserves....
Moli, the husband was offered him for nothing and he took it.......... knowing full well that his wife doesn't particularly like cats or dogs!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
28-08-2007, 05:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Moli, the husband was offered him for nothing and he took it.......... knowing full well that his wife doesn't particularly like cats or dogs!
Stupid man!!!! He obviously did not think about the poor dog! Like Jac, have seen so many dogs that have ben passed from pillar to post and the harm it does them!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
28-08-2007, 05:57 PM   #6

Grrrrrrrrrr, poor dog! x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
28-08-2007, 06:44 PM   #7

Why did they think that the dog would settle within two weeks also??? Poor dog. I echo all that everyone else has said.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
28-08-2007, 07:27 PM   #8

There are a lot of people around who shouldn't even have a stick insect ........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
28-08-2007, 08:31 PM   #9

Poor dog, I do hope that this new home will be a good, loving forever home for him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-08-2007, 08:35 PM   #10

But I imagine sadly he will either end up a latch key dog and if he's lucky will be rounded up by a rescue who will check out his next home worse he will continue going pillar to post. But he may just be lucky my neighbour's took on a dog similar to that she was on her 5th hom and 11 months old a cross GSD luckily they had had GSD's before and reeducated her she is middle aged now and called Elsie and gorgeous. Bets of luck to him.