Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: maine coone cross
10-05-2012, 05:35 PM   #1

Feline Chlamydia.

Hi everyone, hope your all ok.

Just brought cody back from vets, with some eye drops. Cody has been having trouble with weepy eyes. Vet said that it could be feline chlamdia (caused by cat flu, a secondary infection), was wondering if anybody else has had dealings with this?

Cody has to have eye drops for 7 days (twice a day), then hes back at the vets in 3 weeks. So we will see what simon (vet) says then.

The discharge started in his left eye, and last couple of days its spread into his right. Also he has been sneezing a little bit as well. He is eating,chatty and playing,ect.

Anne.

PS. sorry I havent been on much, been having laptop problems.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #2

Re: Feline Chlamydia.

So sorry to hear that Cody isn't too well Anne. I've not had any experience of this condition. Vets can sometimes generalise about things relating to cat flu - not always rightly but I hope that the eye drops sort Cody's problem and that he recovers well.

I say this because my Pip had problems with keeping his nose clean when he was a kitten - it actually was food particles as his nostrils were quite small but a supposed cat flu infection was blamed for that too!

10-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #3

Hi angieh,

Thank you for your reassuring words. I suppose only time will tell, if his eyes clear up, or if he needs further tests.

Apart from this he is his normal cheeky self, apart from tognight... hes sulking I think.

I have been so worried about him, espicaially after last year we had to put oscar the cat to sleep, because of feline leukamia. So every little sympotom we pounce on it. Hope this makes sense. Oh, btw....sorry about spelling tonight.

Take care.
Anne.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
10-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #4

My Oriential Oliver, is a Chlamydia carrier, When I got him as a kitten he developed flu like symptoms, and was treated with AB's, since then (He is now 7) all he gets are very runny eyes from time to time, which I just bathe with warm water, he is a normal cat in every other way.....

10-05-2012, 08:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
My Oriential Oliver, is a Chlamydia carrier, When I got him as a kitten he developed flu like symptoms, and was treated with AB's, since then (He is now 7) all he gets are very runny eyes from time to time, which I just bathe with warm water, he is a normal cat in every other way.....

A big THANK YOU, Moli and oliver.... those words are such great comfort. Cody has weepy eyes, its clear discharge at the moment, with fits of sneezing. Hes the reason we have given up smoking,ect.

Anne.