Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #21

Re: Minnie

Big comforting hugs for you and Minnie, Jacks. Very glad there are no underlying physical problems, but on the other hand .....

Just remember that cats don't have nearly the same problems with dementia that people do ... it doesn't matter if they can't remember what they did yesterday. It seems from what you've said that it's her not knowing where she is sometimes that may be her biggest hurdle. She's such a gentle girl that kind words and reassurance may do the trick.

Remember too that we are here to hug you both if and when you need it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #22

glad Minnie is back home with you. I guess her problems are just caused by age and she is lucky to have understanding owners to care for her.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: tabby cat
18-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #23

Thanks angieh and shelley123.The vet said the same as you shelley that Minnie is a lucky girl to have us as mum and dad.alot of owners pts their cats with dementia.
I agree with you angie that a few soft gentle words to Minnie seems to calm her and comfort her.
She seems happy at the moment,sometimes we have normal minnie with us and sometimes confused minnie with us.We love her lots and will do everything we can to make her life comfortable and happy as can be.

Catsey Veteran

06-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #24

Hi jacks - for some reason I've been thinking about Minnie this morning. How is she doing? And how are you?

Catsey Senior

07-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #25

Thanks for thinking of us Angieh.
Hubby and i have been away for a week to Lesvos.We booked it a year ago so was completely unaware of any problems with Minnie.I was apprehensive about going but i knew she would be in good hands as my parents come up and stay and look after her.
The week before we went away i have to say we had more of normal Minnie.I had noticed she had been having trouble having a poo,so i rang the vet and they left me some medicine for her.(she has had this problem before so the vet was ok to give me it)After she had the medicine she seemed alot more perkier.(the medicine did work)
She had also started to refuse to take her Fortekor tablet as well.(got so frustrated one night just burst into tears)So hubby went on internet and we watched videos of how to give a cat a tablet.It worked we now have no problems giving her a tablet.She dosnt get stressed and we dont.
Minnie was the perfect little cat while we were away.Occasionally they had the yowling in the day and night.She ate fine and took her tablet ok.She got lots of love and attention from my parents.
Since weve been back we have seen a change in her.Shes alot more settled.alot more loving than she had been,no screaming at the tv.Occasional yowling.Everything seems more positive at the moment.Fingers crossed.

Catsey Veteran

07-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #26

That's good to hear jacks - Kizzy and I both send love and purrs as always. Nice to hear that she seems to be more settled. It's always a worry when you go away - and go away you must. Good also to hear that you've cracked the pill giving battle, well done you!

Catsey Veteran

09-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #27

Hi Jacks - saw you'd posted on another thread and just wanted to ask how Minnie is ..... Kizzy and I often think about her.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 BEAUTIFULL CATS!! BEAU AND JOY
JMPARK is Male
10-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #28

Hope all is sorted at the Vets today Jacks!!

Catsey Senior

11-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #29

Hi everyone,update on Minnie is good.We seem to have normal minnie back all the time.She eats well,takes her tablet well and is loving and affectionate to us.The only thing we have is the yowling every now and then day and night.She does sleep alot but she is 17 years old,so a little old lady now.I do wonder if the trauma of the op she went through had an effect on her.We are due back at the vets in Aug/sept,so will see what they say then.
Thanyou for asking Angieh,cuddles to you and Kizzy.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Ragdolls
13-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #30

Aw bless little Minnie x