Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Bengals
09-05-2008, 10:09 PM   #31

Re: bad bad food!!

Hi yep there are a few that in comparison are roughly the same and some are slightly cheaper.
ORGANIPETS is a human grade dry food, fairly new to the market I can help you with finding a store should you need it.
APPLAWS is a really nice range of good foods
TESCOS FINEST orLUXURY are a fraction more normally but go on special regularly which brings them nto price line with everything else
NATURES MENU at first glance the box might seem a little more expensive but the sachets are 25g greater in content so would split to two meals for a cat. so there fore goes further making it more cost effective. there a couple of others which elude me right now but will advise of them once I remember. (going away for the weekend and should be packing right now!)
hope this is a start to helping you?

09-05-2008, 10:10 PM   #32

no I have just read and researched for many hours on the web and the pet shop/supermarket shelves.

09-05-2008, 10:12 PM   #33

sorry you feel like that. Was not my intension to annoy anyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
09-05-2008, 10:15 PM   #34

applaws doesnt containe taurine though so its only really meant as a treat food

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
09-05-2008, 10:19 PM   #35

My cats love Natures Menu, Applaws is a brilliant food if you have a cat that has gone off it's food for some reason and recently I have tried Tesco's finest pouches and my cats can't get enough of it, they love it!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
09-05-2008, 10:20 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeney Todd
At the end of the day if you've taken offence, and you want us to leave.....We will.
No one wants you to leave! I think people are just curious as to why everyone has came over together that's all, sometimes trouble makers or trolls get banned from forums and move onto another in groups so you can understand why people are asking. Saying that i've been in the same position you are where a group has went t*ts up and myself and a whole bunch of pals have moved elsewhere and i'm still there to this day - the dog site which is a sister site to this one.

I think Mumsy is just passionate about this topic that's all but I have to agree maybe could have been a little more tactful as the way it has been worded it sounds as if anyone feeding their cat on one of the particular brands mentioned is being condemned for it. I have had a cat fed on one of the *best* food out there and she ended up developing kidney disease, my auntie feeds her 2 on Whiskas, Felix and the like and they are 23 and 25 years old and still going strong. To advise is one thing and absolutely fine but to condemn and say 'this is crap and that is crap' is another thing. I'm sure no harm was intended however, maybe for the future a bit more tact might be useful so as not to offend anyone as you have to admit, if you think you are doing right by your cat and someone you don't really know comes along and basically says your doing crap, well that's how some people might have taken offence to it.

JMO

Catsey Veteran

09-05-2008, 10:21 PM   #37

Mummsy - I would be interested in hearing more about Organipets. Is there a website, do they offer free samples at all?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
09-05-2008, 10:25 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Mummsy - I would be interested in hearing more about Organipets. Is there a website, do they offer free samples at all?
Me too!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
09-05-2008, 10:28 PM   #39

http://www.organipets.co.uk/

Catsey Veteran

09-05-2008, 10:29 PM   #40

As far as I am aware Applaws does contain taurine..

http://www.applaws.co.uk/files/10179715SC5.pdf