Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
29-09-2006, 08:55 PM   #1

Rearranging the garden anyone?

Is anyone rearranging their plants and garden I ma in the midst of the chaos I have a strong plan of whre I would like things to go. And am going to try and plant into groups for next year. So anyone moving any plants or hardlandscapping?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-09-2006, 09:04 PM   #2

Re: Rearranging the garden anyone?

No Kazz but you're certainly making me feel guilty about it!!

What on earth are you digging up and replanting?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
29-09-2006, 09:06 PM   #3

All bar the rear border will be gutted...plants rearranged, some to 'new homes', purchasing some new ones-want a colour scheme per border next year. New patio in 'yorkstone' is on the cards too...was meant to be with the 'new look' garden but then Ralph came and we never got around too it!
not major change-but still noticeable!

Catsey Veteran

29-09-2006, 09:25 PM   #4

Sounds excellent Luke, I like Yorkstone, will you butt the slabs together or put gravel in between I prefer the au-natural look but not always convinent for washing down with dogs about

Catsey Veteran

29-09-2006, 09:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
No Kazz but you're certainly making me feel guilty about it!!

What on earth are you digging up and replanting?

Well Mags now you ask you recall the centre oblong? well rearranged that the other week moved Eric (the acer there) trying to give an impression of depth with Acer Snr. behind, Ernie is still in the new square. but has been moved to centre place as he has put on about 10" growht either side already this year and about 4" up.

Well the side by the yellow sundance (which by the way has gone OTT but smashing/stunning like a light in the garden) is about 5ft high now and about as round.
Well in front of this and thelarge conifer there are going to go all the perrenial daisy's from the front. Intermingled with daffs/tulips.
Then the good soil in front of Acer snr (which recieves all day sun) I have removed all the alpines etc and will after digging in good quality manure and compost. I will plant in the poppies, (pavaers) lupins etc (sunloving plants) the alpines have moved under Ernie (which has become alpine bed 1) with grit.
Alpine bed 2 is by the wall to the right of Acer Snr.

The new bed (large square) has been replanted with perris and two hebes, the conifer has been moved to the back, and it looks more "together"

Garden as it was,

New piece as it was

In the front the Magnolia has moved to the front bed in front of window underplanted with daffs, perrenials, and tulips along with two perris; the conifers all going into the bed closet to the fence which now has gravel underfoot.- easy care.
The sidebed nearest neighbour is two nice mature conifers with green sundance (which throws white flowes in spring) underplanted with lavender, and a few perrenials.

May do more not sure will try and get pictures as I go if you are interested? Not much just a little rearranging.

Oh forgot to say moved the back fence to and angle and ladi 3x2 slabs next to shed.
Karen

Global Moderator

29-09-2006, 09:54 PM   #6

You have been busy Kazz and it all looks super! I love all the different greens and yellows, they show up the contrast of Acer Snr very well

Do you cover the soil surface with anything? I ask because any spare square of soil showing in my garden is used by Cassie for her toilet! At least she doesn't do it in neighbour's gardens
Either you have Cleo well toilet trained or you must have some deterrant on your lovely garden!

Global Moderator

29-09-2006, 09:55 PM   #7

Oh and I would love to see pics as you progress please!

Catsey Veteran

29-09-2006, 09:57 PM   #8

Nah Cleo quite at liberty to use the garden as she wishes. Thye both always have been I just cope.

But she prefers the litter tray since her Op start of the year.

Those are the before pics Mags this summer just gone,

after pics will have to be next year when you see the benefit unless you wnat ongoing work in progress pictures.

Global Moderator

29-09-2006, 09:59 PM   #9

Your pics are welcome anytime Kazz, I'll leave that up to you!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
29-09-2006, 10:30 PM   #10

I have left my garden to it now until Spring. Too damp, too cold, and too many spiders!!! I am staying behind a locked door now till at least May!!