Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
11-12-2008, 05:24 AM   #1

Thursday thread

Good morning or should I say good night? I'm on nights at work and boy I cannot wait for my bed.

Exciting plans for today consist of going home, sleep, shower, eat and go back to work for another night shift tonight.

I went to see Millie in her Christmas concert yesterday and I feel so immensely proud. Millie attends the local county special needs school. She has moderate learning difficulties and is highly emotional and will go from being too happy to crying in an instant. Yesterdays play was called Donkey for Sale and Millie had the lead part of the Donkey and sang 4 songs on her own!!! A massive achievement from years gone by where I have had to hide in the audience because if she saw me she would cry to be with me and not do a thing. She was so proud standing on the stage and she was fantastic. She has such a gift for acting and music and her singing turned the parents to tears, me included. I still feel choked just thinking about it, I was speachless.

Sorry, just had to share as I'm still gushing with pride.

Have a great day peeps and stay safe and warm.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
11-12-2008, 09:05 AM   #2

Re: Thursday thread

Brrrrrr very white and very cold here today!

Matron, so happy for you that Millie shone in her school play I bet you could just burst with pride! And well done to Millie herself, for overcoming her fears and performing so well.

Did our Christmas decs last night while we had the chance. OH got on my nerves a bit coz he's such a stick in the mud. Everything must be as it was last year etc. Whilst I like to change things around ( electric points considered) or put new decs up in different places , he will only put things where they always have been! huh!

Off to a study day today then 2 days off work... thank goodness! I really need to get a grip on the laundry.

See you later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
11-12-2008, 09:56 AM   #3

Another day of winter wonderland. I'm getting a little fed up with it - not the crispness or the whiteness, or even the cold, but the blimmin' slippery roads and pavements. They have been treacherous since Sunday - so, time for a bit of a thaw methinks.
Matron - that sounds a lovely concert; I'm so glad you enjoyed it.
Have a lovely day everyone and stay warm

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-12-2008, 10:40 AM   #4

Matron, that's such a wonderful achievement of Millie's! I bet you were the proudest Mum there I always get watery eyes when watching Domi's plays - just can't help it

Today it's cold but not icy. There are high clouds which are the most attractive of colours at the moment (soft pinks, mauves, yellowy-whites). The sniffles are still with me but more an annoyance than a problem.

Tonight I'm quite excited as I'm meeting up (for the first time) with a group of people from the Reading Forum. Many have a vast knowledge of the history of the town and all others are passionate about raising the profile of and developing a pride in, the place. I'm going to be driving a police officer who lives near me over for the drinkies, so best behaviour and no vino for me!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
11-12-2008, 03:40 PM   #5

Afternoon all, after snow yesterday and a cold night, the sun is out today, not as warm yet, but certainly not cold....There is a huge book shop just over the road from the apartment, think I will go and have a wander round...One of my favourite shops!!!
Hope all the poorly people and kits are feeling better...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-12-2008, 05:31 PM   #6

Matron, thanks for sharing that lovely story...no wonder you're bursting with pride...bravo Millie! PP: I'm with your OH on that! Must be the same always!

Raw rainy day here, Moli's weather has worked its way East; a cold all day rain, 3C now, and rain may end as (shudder!) snow tomorrow morning. I devoutly hope not.... This is my bi-weekly grocery delivery day so don't have to go out even for the trash pickup...my lovely neighbor wheeled my bins out sometime this morning! Leia tried the porch and decided this was her day to stay inside too...

Stay warm, be careful on those icy roads, and have a lovely day, all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-12-2008, 05:52 PM   #7

How wonderful that Millie is so confident that she can perform on stage in front of parents teachers and class mates - her progress must please you so and no wonder that you are proud of her achievements Matron - that's just the sort of Christmas story to warm anyone's heart.

PP - I bet your OH would call that "tradition"!

Yola - best behaviour for you today - hope all goes well!

Moli - that's my kind of favourite shop too!

It's been cold here today too - started off frosty, but the frost soon went, but it has been raw and not much air flow - OH has had a battle getting the fire to draw.

MIL is very unsettled and confused these last couple of weeks. The nuns have been telling her she has to leave - she's been trying to catch a bus and is worried where she will go when OH and I are posted! She can be reassured for a while and then it all spills out again. She's had her clothes and belongings out for packing two or three times recently. Don't know what to do to settle her. We are getting no help from the GP, because MIL always says she's fine doctor and would deny anything we said to the contrary. I'm not convinced pills would help, but I wish she could see a psychogeriatrician. Fat chance.

Keep warm everyone and mind those icy pavements and roads. Hope everyone who was feeling poorly is feeling a bit better and that all our feline lovelies are doing their best to keep their two-legses' laps warm!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-12-2008, 06:00 PM   #8

Hiya all

Finished putting the decorations up outside, and put the tree up inside.

Took Sal out and a good day all round really.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
11-12-2008, 06:22 PM   #9

Well done to Millie......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
11-12-2008, 08:29 PM   #10

Matron, wonderful story, I am almost gushing with pride for you just hearing it!
Sun is peeking out today but we are expecting snow tomorrow. Hope the weather continues through the evening as I have a late afternoon medical appointment and I really am still a CA driver when it comes to weather!
Pretty much boring day all around besides that, just some cooking and maintaining the cleaning i've done and will probably get to sewing some projects...just loading up on some coffee so i won't be a walking zombie
hope all have and will continue to have a good day!