Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
01-12-2008, 07:17 AM   #1

Daily Thread/Monday

Morning all
I had a awfdul nights sleep last night and woke up early this morning,I really tired but couldnt get back to sleep
Its absolutely freezing here,a real thick frost outside.
My bedroom is the warmest so I had all 3 cats in with me last night,which may be why I didnt sleep well,Tinkerbell was attacking everytime I moved
First day back at work today after a week off, we were supposed to be going swimming today but I think we will do something else now.

Hope everyone has a good day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
01-12-2008, 09:25 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread/Monday

Morning erin, Morning all.
Blooming freezing here this morning and more snow forecast, great just as I am about to move into the countryside for my house sit
Have been struggling with my books this weekend, I am £15 a drift somewhere.
It balances if i add it up through my bank statements but not when i go through the book and i cannt find the bloody discrepancy . Will go through it all again later coz i have to get going soon.
Finger still aches a little from the parrot, just hope Nadia has managed to stop the macaw from escaping coz i dont fancy being bitten by that big mother
Catch you all in a week or so.
Be good and if you cannt be good, be good at it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
01-12-2008, 10:33 AM   #3

Happy sitting Elaine!

Erin, I know what you mean - between Balie's snoring, OH's snoring, Myshka sleeping on my head and Sebi occasionally squawking via the monitor I too had little sleep.

It's cold here today aswell. I'm in the office with tonnes to catch up on so will pop on sporadically during the day.

Our flooring man will be starting sooner than expected (Wednesday) so will probably have to disconnect the PC for the best part of a week at home However the compensation is we will have a lovely lime-oiled oak floor instead of a very flakey old pine one!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
01-12-2008, 11:07 AM   #4

Envying you that floor Yola

It's cold here and I think the cold woke me at about 5.30. My feet were cold, despite having both cats cuddled into me. But it is sunny and it's nice to see it again after those very miserable days. I'll finish up here and get out for a decent walk in a few minutes. Then I'll be back and settled before evening starts to fall (i.e. about 2.30pm!)

Hope everyone gets to see a bit of sun

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
01-12-2008, 11:10 AM   #5

Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't been around the w/e but we had friends staying and we had a great time
Glad to report all are fit and well here. Just getting back to general default settings now like cleaning, work and study.

Trying not to think about the closeness of the festive season and my ill-preparedness (!) but I'm sure it'll all come together at the end.

Hope everyone is tickitty-boo, both flesh and furry friends
Will be catching up with the posts later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
01-12-2008, 11:32 AM   #6

Morning all,

I woke up at 5am to get ready for work, didn't want to get out of bed coz the heating hadn't come on! It was so cold!

I ran out of de icer for my car half way round, was useless anyway coz it just froze back up!!! I eventually got it sort of defrosted with the scraper (hope i didn't wake the neighbours lol) and went to work.
Ivejust come back now and its trying to snow, If only it would stick! (my brother has just txt me and he says its now snowing in Manchester!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
01-12-2008, 01:13 PM   #7

Wow, it's really cold. Chilly enough on the sunny side of the street but absolutely perishing in the shade. I've got a rosy glow all over now I'm back inside. I've put a pot of soup on for my lunch - actually, it's more a pot of soup for the whole street's lunch. Big pot! However, if it's going to be a cold week, that will be fine.
Met the postie as we left the house. he has a beanie, big postie flourescent jacket, DMs, woolly socks ... and shorts I told you the story from a winter or two ago, when all the town posties were having a competition to see who could remain in shorts the latest. I heard our postie talking to my OH and saying he decided it was time to quit the contest when he needed a wee but couldn't find it

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-12-2008, 01:21 PM   #8

It was freezing here too first thing but the sun is out now and there's not a cloud to be seen..

Have not long been back from Tesco and my freezer is now stocked with various goodies for Christmas. I was quite amazed at how quiet it was there, I was served straight away at the checkout.

More prezzie wrapping and cards to write this afternoon.

Keep warm, stay safe and have a nice day all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
01-12-2008, 01:53 PM   #9

Morning Ladies, not sure what the weathers like here, its still dark...Hubby is back to work today after 4 days off, quite looking forward to some me time....although, do have cleaning and washing and ironing to do..
Keep warm everyone....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
01-12-2008, 03:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
I heard our postie talking to my OH and saying he decided it was time to quit the contest when he needed a wee but couldn't find it
Lol I saw our postie in shorts as well along with wooly socks, a short sleeved top and a body warmer on yesterday! He must be mad lol.