Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-09-2011, 10:10 AM   #11

Re: Singapura Saturday

I've been told that tomato ketchup reliably gets the worst smells out of dog - even skunk, but luckily (so far) I haven't had to put it to the test.

I would like to know if anyone else has found it true though!!! (so I can order an extra bottle jic)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
25-09-2011, 10:33 AM   #12

Tomato ketchup is very good at removing fox poo smells Angie, but with Morgan having such a light coloured coat the only time I tried it out I was left with pink stains on him! I was just glad that yesterday's fish was recently dead and hadn't started rotting, he doesn't smell at all this morning I'm very pleased to say!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Oh dear ... rolling in awful things is one of the reasons I'm not a dog person!

It is one of the reasons I could be talked out of it. But watching them they enjoy it so.................. ...............bit like me in a perfume shop.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-09-2011, 01:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I've been told that tomato ketchup reliably gets the worst smells out of dog - even skunk, but luckily (so far) I haven't had to put it to the test.

I would like to know if anyone else has found it true though!!! (so I can order an extra bottle jic)
As Mrs H has already said yes tom sauce is good at reducing the removing the fox poo smell. Sal being black you don't notice the red/pink tinge.

I always carry baby wipes with me to remove the most of it (whatever) and then throw her into any water I can fine canal, river, sea.........anything. and wipe her down again.
But it is something you have to learn to live with with a dog.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-09-2011, 02:36 PM   #15

So far the worst we've had to contend with is smelly water - stagnant muddy puddles, for example. Schnauzers are described on the forum I belong to as either liking water or not liking it at all and daintily avoiding waking through puddles!!! Not as bad as the GR seen by OH to disappear into the undergrowth a lovely golden colour and emerge again completely black and stinky!