Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
17-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #1

sunshine yellow saturday

Morning everyone. Saw that there wasnt a daily started so thought i would start it off.

Not long home due to staying at OHs folks last night as we are dog sitting her 2 german shepards today. we have come home to make sure the monsters are ok and to give them breakfast and some cuddles They are both in a bit of a strop with us though because we left them last night and they can smell Molly and Ben off us. Heading back down there to let the dogs out again and wait till OH mum comes back.

Hope you all have a good day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-09-2011, 01:41 PM   #2

Re: sunshine yellow saturday

Afternoon Pamela! Hope those GSs behave themselves!

Cloud and sun here, heavy showers this morning. Doing a bit of housework today - cleaning the study! I think I've got loads of junk, but moving stuff to vacuum and all the bits and pieces do look as if they'd come in handy - sometime!!!

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
17-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #3

Just had a shocking thunderstorm here, rain like stair-rods! I hope we don't have this sort of weather next Saturday, we've got a cocker meet at Ferring beach

OH is amusing himself today boarding out a bit more of the loft, mainly so that he can store more of his stuff up there.

This morning I downloaded "Heartstone" for my kindle as the price is now down to just over £4. It's book 5 in the Shardlake series by C J Sansom anyone else reading these? They're about a Tudor lawyer/crime investigator all set against a background of political intrigue, I'd certainly recommend them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-09-2011, 03:44 PM   #4

Hi, all! Not sunny here, only 13 C (56 F) nearing 10:45 with drizzle; just dashed out to pick grass for Leia; this is a chilly gloomy stay-inside-and-read sort of day. My sweatpants came, they were supposed to have pockets but don't; debating whether to keep or return. I suppose I can keep them and just wear around the house, they were on sale and very comfy. Decisions, decisions ...

Pamela, to come home smelling of dog!! Bad mum! Angie, stuff does accumulate, doesn't it? MrsH, thanks for the book info; sounds interesting, I'll check Amazon here. I do love the Kindle.

Enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #5

Afternoon all.

And you are right there is too much junk I am planning on a major clear out too. Amazing how much stuff acumalates around you isn't it? I could find myself a "hoarder" not through choice.
Right onto the decorating fireplace wall done which is the patterned paper. And the one window wall with plain.
Also cleaned that window (inside and out) and the UPVC (inside and out) put up the new nets I brought yesterday and changed the heavy draw curtains for the winter ones. Put the TV and side board back, paper cut for tomorrow and paste mixed, ready for the next long wall and then the other wndow wall. Planning on a little change round of the furniture.

No rain here, thankfuly got to pop out in a minute or two. Anyhow glad everyone is good, Mrs H when do you get the next pup? and do you feel much better now since your Op?

Catsey Veteran

17-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz

Mrs H when do you get the next pup? and do you feel much better now since your Op?
2nd question first, I feel great it's wonderful having a normal diet again, mmm cheese! (though I suspect I've put back a few of the pounds I'd lost )

1st question - a few problems. Mating went well but then we thought the mum might have lost the litter, a scan showed there are still 2 in there and growing well (due in about 10 days) BUT the breeder wants to keep a boy especially if there's a black and white one which is exactly the variation we want too so unless these 2 pups are both black and white boys then there may not be a puppy for us this time, the odds aren't good

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-09-2011, 05:42 PM   #7

Sorry to hear that you may not get your wanted pup this time MrsH ..... would you be tempted to try a different breeder?

Re the Shardlake series - I've read Dissolution and Dark Fire, but not the later 3. I particularly enjoyed Dark Fire and would recommend it!

Catsey Veteran

17-09-2011, 05:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Sorry to hear that you may not get your wanted pup this time MrsH ..... would you be tempted to try a different breeder?
Angie, the thing about this litter is that it was rather special. Morgan's sister and a lovely Black and White champion. Black and white isn't a terribly common variant in cockers but as Morgan's mother was B&W it means that his sister carries that gene so there was a high probability of at least some B&W pups.

I have a lovely relationship with Morgan's breeder, we just seem to be on the same wavelength and I really don't want to go searching for a different one right now and go through the whole checking each other out process. I'll just wait and see what happens, if not this year then maybe sometime in the not too distant future.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
17-09-2011, 07:53 PM   #9

evening all! thats my work week finished and im sitting playing on my new laptop my old one wasnt worth fixing! a bit of a winter chill in the air today, but mostly quite bright. going to sit with a bag of popcorn and watch x-factor. oh and its nibbles rats 2nd birthday!! got her a cake il get some pics of her later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-09-2011, 09:30 PM   #10

New laptop, lynz, how exciting! And happy birthday to Nibbles.