Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-09-2011, 11:41 AM   #1

Scarlet Thursday

Morning all! A lovely blue sky morning here just now and quite breezy. OH has taken Monty for his morning walk and is off to play golf later, so I will be taking Monty for his afternoon walk solo later. I was telling the quizzers last evening that Monty was set upon yesterday by a black Miniature Schnauzer whose two mates also had a go. Poor Monty was not hurt but rather bewildered at what he'd done wrong, because he generally gets on well with other dogs. Today, he met an unfriendly border terrier who was on lead and being held by his owner due to his unfriendliness. Part of the learning process I'm sad to say - some dogs are friendly and happy to play and others are not

Hope all are well. Please give extra cuddles to your kitties today from me. I do enjoy cuddling all these extra kitties even though it's virtual! Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-09-2011, 03:38 PM   #2

Re: Scarlet Thursday

Hi, Angie! Where's everyone? Maybe the beautiful weather has them outdoors, and of course some are at work. Lovely day here too, 25 C (77 F), low humidity, nice light breeze. Hard to believe it's September already, where has the Summer gone? An sunset is 7:39 now! The dark colder weather is looming..... No news, just out for grass and picked up mail. Bank tomorrow and to DMV to renew non-drivers license,

Poor Monty is learning that everyone is nice and friendly; sad but true.

Take care, all, have a good day, and hope Tink is all right.

Catsey Veteran

01-09-2011, 03:40 PM   #3

Sorry Eileen, what's a non-drivers license????

Catsey Veteran

01-09-2011, 04:14 PM   #4

Government issued ID for people who don't drive, but need identification. Looks exactly like a standard drivers license, including the always horrid picture!

Catsey Veteran

01-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #5

Luckily, our lot scrapped the ID card project. We had to apply for a photo driving license earlier this year in order to get our own Wills and property deeds back as our solicitors' firm had been closed ..... what a rigmarole, but actually it's proved useful to have as OH doesn't have a passport and mine has expired.

Catsey Veteran

01-09-2011, 04:30 PM   #6

Drivers license is THE ID here, you can hardly do anything without it, not even buy booze! Ghastly oic, I was younger and wearing my wig in that one; it's expired which is why I have to go tomorrow.

[/IMG]

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
01-09-2011, 05:56 PM   #7

hiya eileen, angie.... long and busy day at work, though good. Except that I managed to gift my glasses to the tv when we put it away in its box. Think I mistook them for the zapper... daft girl! Hoping my colleague will be able to leave them in the office for me tomorrow...

So glad to be finished for the week otherwise...

have a good rest of your day all...7

Catsey Veteran

01-09-2011, 06:25 PM   #8

Sorry about the glasses, hope you're not lost without them. But why do you box the TV?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
01-09-2011, 06:55 PM   #9

I don't have a photo ID driving licence, just the old style paper one. I must say though that I usually keep my passport in my handbag as it's the only official thing I have with my photo on it. Boy, do I look like a grim school ma'am on it too

Today OH finally got round to revarnishing the windowsills and front door, he was going to do it last year and I was starting to fear that this year would be over with it still undone! He's a very slow, *ahem*I mean thorough worker! so it'll take him a few days yet.

Had a shock this morning under the shower, no hot water Brr! There's obviously a fault somewhere, probably a bit of grit in a filter, as there is hot water for the basin and the bath. Plumber's coming on Monday to service the boiler so he's adding the shower to his list!

Lovely weather here all day!

Catsey Veteran

01-09-2011, 06:59 PM   #10

Brrr, MrsH, that must have been a shock to be deluged in cold water! I don't have a passport, but I remember the pic on my Dads, made him look like a Mafia hood!