Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
11-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #61

Re: For Tink

Sorry to hear this, and so very sad to read about the dog Tink. Are you sure you're in the right frame of mind to do this..Is there no one else who can take her on and is willing to train her,,I guess you're thought it through, but still sad. Take care.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
11-09-2011, 09:48 PM   #62

Tink that you feel angry and bitter is very natural, life just isn't fair.
Is there no one who could come and stay with you ?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
12-09-2011, 12:26 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthisouthere
Sorry to hear this, and so very sad to read about the dog Tink. Are you sure you're in the right frame of mind to do this..Is there no one else who can take her on and is willing to train her,,I guess you're thought it through, but still sad. Take care.
Yeah. This is something we talked with Kevin about several times in the event he should die. I started a thread a long time back about Bounce. She has pretty severe issues and has been dangerous for a long time. Kevin was the only one she loved and worshipped and listened to. It has been made clear she will be put down by other organizations and she is also a legal liability. It's not the poor dog's fault, lot of difficult background there that I won't get into at the moment. Long story short, I'd rather her be put down in familiar surroundings by the urn of her Daddy's ashes. He promised her she'd no longer have trauma in her life when he took her in and I am helping him keep that promise.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
12-09-2011, 01:06 AM   #64

The owner knows their dog best xx

Thinking of you xx

Catsey Veteran

12-09-2011, 05:49 AM   #65

Bounce is with her Papa again. Bless her heart...RIP and give him my love...

Honestly, I don't think I'd do well with people staying with me. I am a loner through and through and so was Kevin and we just fit together because we loved each other.
Though I love the friends that have stepped up it probably would prevent me from feeling my grief if they stayed here. I'd be worried about making sure they were alright and too self conscious and such...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-09-2011, 03:28 PM   #66

I can understand that, Tink; when my Dad died, I just wanted to be left alone to grieve in my own way, and it was difficult explaining people who insisted on wanting to come stay for a while that I really really didn't want them to! Bless them, they meant well, but that was the last thing I wanted or needed. Hang in there, hon. I'm glad Bounce went to sleep peacefully at home and is with Daddy now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
12-09-2011, 03:47 PM   #67

Tink, i understand what you are saying about being ok alone, i just felt worried for you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #68

That's quite understandable Tink, some people need others around them and others don't need the strain.

You know that we've always here for you, to listen and give our support.

Very glad to hear that Bounce has gone with her master - I have no doubt that was for the best.

Catsey Veteran

12-09-2011, 05:49 PM   #69

Thanks, guys.
Our regular vet contacted me and assured me it was for the best. The vet last night also told me that Bounce showed some signs of brain tumor which would explain some of her unpredictable behavior. Poor girl.
There was a peace after she left. Almost felt like Kevin had been waiting for his dog before moving on.
There's something wrong with my car so I have a friend who is handy stopping by to give me his opinion. I hope it's not too expensive to fix. Last thing I'd need right now.

Catsey Veteran

12-09-2011, 05:50 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
Tink, i understand what you are saying about being ok alone, i just felt worried for you.
I know, hon, and I appreciate your concern.