Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
14-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #1

Online ordering

Can anyone recommend a good Online reasonable company to buy dog & cst food from?

I was stunned yesterday to discover the vet had charged me £26 for a 3 kilo bag (NON perscription) of kitten food. Same bag in PAH is £16. It is Hills Kitten food.

Katie's K/D has shot up in price too. (Perscription) Two cases were £42 but are now £52.80. Heck of a jump from 2 weeks ago

So any ideas anyone - looked at couple last night but they charge a lot to send to N Ireland postage wise.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #2

Re: Online ordering

I've found Pet Supermarket's prices good - they also give 5% Cashback if you are registered with Top Cashback (very worthwhile doing). Of course, the postage will always be an issue to N.I. Have you tried looking at any of the EU sites? Can't say I've looked but it might be worth checking out.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Tiger and Lester
14-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #3

I ordered recently from Bestpet and they were great, really quick delivery 10% off 1st order and pretty decent price compared to P@H

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: BSH Silver Tab, Lilac CP, Blue
fancyabrew is Male
15-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #4

www.zooplus.co.uk hills kitten food is £13.49. use them a lot always found them to be very good. But pets at home online is also pretty good you can get some very good offers on food.

I buy Royal Canin BSH 10kg which is currently only £42 at zooplus. A 2kg bag at Petsathome is £19.59 but only £14.90 at zooplus!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
18-08-2012, 12:34 AM   #5

Just wee update - thanks for all your suggestions, will work my way through them. Checked on eBay and found some for £10.99 plus £3.99 P&P which is still lot cheaper than the vets, additional bags extra £1 postage - seller had a sale on so ordered couple bags x

Cats owned: moggie
sean87 is Male
11-07-2013, 11:10 PM   #6

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but just wanted to throw Animed Direct into the mix for medications and pet care products (including food). I've used them previously and been very impressed with prices and quick delivery. Their website is www.animeddirect.co.uk for anyone interested in checking them out.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Tiger and Lester
11-07-2013, 11:14 PM   #7

Animed are amazing, I get Tiger's joint supplements and hairball paste for a fraction of what you pay at the vet and lightning fast delivery too

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
12-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #8

I use Vet Uk and find them excellent