Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-11-2009, 10:06 AM   #21

Re: UK map

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim
I think home is where the heart is Yola!

You are from the Hillingdon area aren't you? I think we have spoken about this before. I come from the Ealing/Greenford area. Which school did you go to?

Sorry to hi-jack your thread Mags!
I went to Bishopshalt in Hillingdon Village. Spent lots of time in Ealing though as lots of my Polish friends live/d there. My Aunty and Uncle lived in North Greenford (near Sudbury Hill/Town stations).

I used to play at lot of tennis and basketball against Ealing schools, one of which was Ellen Wilkinson; turns out a friend I made after leaving school would have been in both tennis and basketball teams at EW and we would have played matches against each other!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
20-11-2009, 11:32 PM   #22

The counties map doesn't seem to have Powys which is where I live! We're about 20 miles from Shrewsbury which is on the first map.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
20-11-2009, 11:51 PM   #23

Oh brill! I am right near where it says Middlesbrough, just a wee bit in from the North East Coast and on the counties i'm down as Northumberland but TBH i'm not sure we even have a county now! Years ago it was County Durham, then it changed to Cleveland, which for the most part people still class it as, but Cleveland was thrown away about 10-15 years ago now. They were going to change it back to County Durham then maybe half CD and half Northumberland or some crap like that, then there was talk of Teesside on it's own, but it never came about.

So Northumberland is news to me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-11-2009, 11:58 PM   #24

You're going to laugh at this. For some time I've wondered why so many of our Welsh members specified they were from "south" Wales. I've now learned it's a separate county, distinct from North or West Wales, didn't know that. Thought you all were just pointing out you were Southerners.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-11-2009, 12:01 AM   #25

It's funny about county changes - the counties map shows Sussex as one county whereas in fact it is two - West Sussex and East Sussex. I had also thought that Rutland had been swallowed up, but Googled it and there it is for all to behold. The smallest county in England!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
21-11-2009, 12:04 AM   #26

Isn't it funny! I suppose on the counties map i'd be just where Northumberland meets Country Durham and herein lies the problem of Cleveland!