Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-12-2010, 12:39 AM   #1

Christmas routine.

Given all the christmas threads flying about I wonder do you have a routine for Christmas day.........................?

Mine has evolved over the years and come up with a brilliant plan for Christmas day, get up about 8 ish, breakfast boiled egg and toast or scrambled egg and bacon. Then take Sal for a walk, then home and dressed and then off to my sisters to see the children (who are all 16+ now no idea where the years have gone) exchange presents, spend a couple of hours. On the way back visit my brothers and exchange presents (he has all his wifes family so I go in see the children then off home to start the dinner) leave Mom and Dad there, where Dad goes for a Christmas drink with my brother and family. Mom may go or stay with Lizzie, so my SIL can go this year.
Depending on who is coming for dinner I will then go and get them, and then pop off to get the parents.
Have starter and then I take Sal for a quick walk, while they all sort themselves out.
Get back have dinner, and I take Sal out for a lovely long walk nowadays just me and the dog, get home and exchange presents from the tree.
Then dependant on how long I have been out we could have Christmas pudding.

While they all have a sleep (eye resting sesssion) I will wash up.
Then TV watching normaly Noel Edmonds Christmas presents (sky+) then more sleeping and maybe a little more sleeping. Take the dog out again then return guests to their homes. Pop in see my brother and family, home again and turkey sarnies..........YEAH.
Boxing day has become a day nothing , and a family meal out at a resturant. and reading of books.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
08-12-2010, 12:26 PM   #2

Re: Christmas routine.

We don't really have a routine anymore. It was different when our son and daughter were children, there had to be some routine otherwise all presents would have been opened in 5 seconds flat at 4.30am! The important part of the routine was, stockings as soon as you wake up, stay in your /each other's room until Head Chef gets up then join her for breakfast.

Nowadays, there's only one important routine of the day...........Hubby does the washing up!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
08-12-2010, 07:40 PM   #3

We will get up around 6.30am have a coffee together, OH will go round sheep, I'll walk farm dogs, do the chooks, feed the kittens and Cali.

About 10ish OH's daughter will get up and we'll all have bacon sarnies and open pressies. She leaves about 12 to spend the day at her Mums.

We then will laze around for an hour or so before having showers, feed and walk dogs, put chooks in, give kittens a cuddle and food then off to my sisters for family get together.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-12-2010, 09:30 PM   #4

My only Christmas "routine" that has survived is I have to have half a grapefruit for breakfast on Christmas morning, with brown sugar and a cherry!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
08-12-2010, 11:40 PM   #5

We do not have a routine really, but this year will have my daughter home for Christmas, first time for 10 years.So with my Son & Partner too will be good Christmas...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
08-12-2010, 11:44 PM   #6

haven't had a "routine" since i lived with my parents..seems as i'm getting older it is evolving a bit..we usually
-have a bit of a dinner at k's parents or my parent's (or both)
-simple dinner at home just the two of us and the furchildren cooked by me

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 6 Moggy's
08-12-2010, 11:48 PM   #7

We dont have a rountine and never have
My brother is 18 and still a big kid.
I would like this year to go like this.............

Get up at 8am, have a cuppa, feed the mob, open pressies, sort dinner, clear up after dinner, have a lazy afternoon and night then bed!

Somehow i dont think it will work that way