Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-08-2010, 07:56 PM   #11

Re: Garden - front

Looking good! But don't overdo, stick to supervising; you're not 100% yet! I'm like Mags, find it hard to uproot a plant that's outgrown its space or usefulness .......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-08-2010, 08:11 PM   #12

I have a HUGE grass that is just that - too big and has outgrown it's space. I am planning to dig it up in the Spring and split it and replant a smaller piece. I know you can't do that with a conifer. Not sure about your other plant.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-09-2010, 10:12 PM   #13

Well all systems go today but had a Doctors appointment myself then took Mom to hospital (seems she may need a new hip ) today was the start of it an xray. So day limited. But got a fair bit done hope to be finished by the weekend pictures soon.

Did I mention I increased the border and laid a stone circle now too................

Catsey Veteran

28-09-2010, 10:23 PM   #14

Sounds as if all's going well, Kazz. Sorry to hear about your Mum and the hip replacement; a friend had it and made a world of difference.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
28-09-2010, 10:35 PM   #15

Looking really good Kazz.......

Catsey Veteran

01-10-2010, 05:25 PM   #16

Here you are pretty much finished now. Just tulips to plant now, and few finishing touches.....Yes some of the acers have been rehomed.....

The centre gravekl around the circle is not white but blue/pink/peachey/try
to get a close up when the weather improves these were taken yesterday Sept 30th. The plan is there hope it works.....we'll see. But def labour saving.

Birds eye views.....Bed with stepping stone in top of picture has the baby green acer in it "centre piece" the other side the path backing is Ernie the acer then in front 3 pieris's with conifier and planted with same perrenials as the other dirt bed. Minus the peonies and poppies.

This bed next to neighbours garden is bigger than I realised so split it with the gravel to highlight that part of the garden the planting is evergreen at the back have cut back the red robin as I do every third year. In the front bed it has perrenials and of course my beloved peonies/poppies too. And a centre pieris to follow on from the other still "dirt" bed.

Centre 3 pots planted up with Pansies and autumn/winter bedding.

Catsey Veteran

01-10-2010, 07:50 PM   #17

Kazz, that's beautiful! A lot of thought and work went itno that. You could always take up landscape designing when you retire!

Catsey Veteran

01-10-2010, 08:18 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Kazz, that's beautiful! A lot of thought and work went itno that. You could always take up landscape designing when you retire!

Thank you Eileen.

I have been asked by 4 people to do theirs but won't as it is very personal I think gardening, plus not up to it. Only exception I think would be yours....I'd help you great minds and all that,

Catsey Veteran

01-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom

And all done by our own fair but cement worn hands.......total cost £127.82p but I had the slabs for the path already and the plants. Just gravel weed surpresent etc brought and carried.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
02-10-2010, 02:47 PM   #20

Looks great Kazz. You have worked so hard on that and it has paid off. Think it will mature nicely.