Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-08-2010, 05:57 PM   #1

Garden - front

Well had 5 people now come to give me a quote and 1 was so high I almost had to be revived. of the the other four three were okayish price wise, the fourth bloke I just did not take too and weirdly he was the one who Sal barked most at when he came not even being quiet when told. So gut instinct says stay away, did not even ask him into the house, just told him what I wanted doing standing on the front and I have phoned to say "found someone thanks" been out yesterday and today to see the work of two of the three and although its okay/good I know I/we can do better. Third excellent work but I have decided to do it myself with Dad and Lewis...(work 'em in school holidays I say...only jesting) I have drawn up what I want need and Dad is doing a lot of measuring etc....he is spirit level man everything level I just go by eye.
So stage one (moving borders and two removing plants too big/not wanted/wrong place now almost complete stage 2 will be by tomorrow (weather in favour) and hopefuly stage 3 (putting in borders to plant into and increasiong path size and moving border) done tomorrow too.
Then stage 4 which is preperation and starting to lay the slabs.

Took some pictures last night after day 1 will take some more now plants going. Will post when have something to show .........as you can tell I am feeling better,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-08-2010, 06:30 PM   #2

Re: Garden - front

I am glad you are feeling better Kazz. Your garden project sounds so exciting. Can't wait to see ...........................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #3

Yes, I can tell your energy level is higher! It all sounds very exciting but arduous; glad you're having help and being the supervisor rather than DIY! Don't overdo~!

Look forward to the pics.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
10-08-2010, 10:26 PM   #4

Sounds like you are getting things moving Kazz, i'm looking foward to seeing some pics and hearing how you all get on.
I bet you enjoy doing it yourself with help rather than have someone in to do it.
Me , well i'd much rather have someone else do it for me, oh dear i think i must be lazy

Catsey Veteran

11-08-2010, 05:02 PM   #5

As it was.....Monday.
Front path well past its sell by date..........

Looking toward the porch, also showing the squared off wider border...... ....

Showing opp end, by fence border now wider ....

Old path from front gate...conifer too big and will be going

Big old sundance which will be going too big....

Todays effort will be posted shortly.

Catsey Veteran

11-08-2010, 05:11 PM   #6

Todays efforts....workforce me and Dad..... we have agreed to work apart rather than argue....I work out what I want tell him ...I do something else ...he then measures angles and distances........we then work to together. See he is a perfectionist on things where as I slam a path down.... and perfection comes in to me with planting....although people tell me I am a perfectionist I just think I am an amature compared to my spirit level Dad.

Path toward porch, just laid....see the conifer has gone.....

Path showing general shape and conifer and sundance gone....

Conifers and plants gone....moving on......

Catsey Veteran

11-08-2010, 05:15 PM   #7

Just to say the log roll I have now decided is going getting new edging tomorrow. Saved a small fortune doing it ourselves so not ruining the ship for a penneth of tar.

Tomorrow, doing nothing to path....going to get the edging and may put it in. Got to find something I like first and will suit.

Anyway just finished uploading these and a dish of soup, having a quick shower then off to aqua areobics....see you later.

Catsey Veteran

11-08-2010, 05:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Yes, I can tell your energy level is higher! It all sounds very exciting but arduous; glad you're having help and being the supervisor rather than DIY! Don't overdo~!

Look forward to the pics.
Given up supervising........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-08-2010, 06:42 PM   #9

Like the path Kazz - your Dad is a paving wizard!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-08-2010, 06:48 PM   #10

Looks good Kazz, you were brave getting rid of the conifer and the sundance ....... I would have ummed and arred about that for ages before deciding to do it!

Be careful you don't get carried away with your plans and overdo things healthwise...