Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
19-10-2008, 04:15 PM   #11

Re: It's cold!

DM, I actually love both and usually come end of January I'm fed up of the cold and dark and can't wait for summer. But I'm always excited about the start of a season just at the beginning of the season. So I can't wait to get out my furry boots now but come April I'll be longing to pull out my flip flops and shades

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-10-2008, 04:24 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep
DM, I actually love both and usually come end of January I'm fed up of the cold and dark and can't wait for summer. But I'm always excited about the start of a season just at the beginning of the season. So I can't wait to get out my furry boots now but come April I'll be longing to pull out my flip flops and shades
A much more sensible attitude than mine, griping and grumping all Winter! Not as if I can do anything about it...

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
19-10-2008, 04:28 PM   #13

Winter brings back childhood memories of putting on an all-in-one water-proof thing, water proof gloves, and literally rolling around in the snow and building snow men.

Sadly with the whole global warming lark, we don't get any proper snow any more. Just one day at a time, which then turns to freezing, dirty slush. Winter in the countryside is much nicer than winter in the city!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-10-2008, 04:32 PM   #14

Oh, amen! Winter in the City is a sloppy mess!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: BSH Silver Tab, Lilac CP, Blue
fancyabrew is Male
20-10-2008, 01:35 PM   #15

We don’t get it cold down in sunny Cornwall, actually we don’t get it really cold in the vast majority of the UK, not say compared to Northern Sweden! I went to the Ice Hotel in Feb, now that was COLD -15 in the day (and that was a bit of a warm spell!) and around -30 at night.

We brought back a nice Reindeer skin which we thought Chloe would love, wrong. Hated it, would walk around it when it was on the bed, so we started to use it as a cat deterrent, putting it where we didn’t want her to go. I thought I’d give it another go a few weeks ago and she now sits on it occasionally (did yesterday) but at other times she’ll insists on doing everything possible to get around it, even if this means jumping it or walking on the smallest bit of uncovered bed to get around, strange animal.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-10-2008, 03:11 PM   #16

Your trip to the Ice Hotel must have been amazing, fancyabrew! Not the sort of place that I would naturally want to go to, but amazing just the same. Photos at all????

Catsey Senior

fancyabrew is Male
20-10-2008, 03:25 PM   #17

yeah I'll post a few. I actually won the trip as the prize for a Microsoft competition I won, so that made it even better!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-10-2008, 03:48 PM   #18

Ice Hotel

That is something that every year I bend my OH's ear about endlessly. It is my dream to go there and spend a weekend lying around on an bed made of ice wrapped in bear skins drinking vodka and eating blinis and caviar

Lucky, lucky you!

Catsey Senior

fancyabrew is Male
20-10-2008, 03:58 PM   #19

No caviar I’m afraid! But we spent a night in a suite in the ice part of the hotel which is at a pretty constant -6 and a night in a lodge. If you do ever go, book a suite, if you just have an ordinary room you only get a locker and have to change for bed etc in the communal changing rooms. If you have a suite you get your own little lockable cubicle. When its time for bed you get changed in to you’re nightwear (thermals!) and grab a big double sleeping bag, then you have to dash outside! For about 20yds in the -30! to get to the actual ice part of the hotel. Also there is NO toilet in the ice part of the hotel! If you need to go you have to dash outside and back in to the main part of the hotel.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-10-2008, 04:06 PM   #20

Yes, I suppose having a loo in the ice part would be tricky . . . the cistern would freeze! Thanks for the insight Farthing. Sleeping bags are a bit resonant of camping, I hope they're classy sleeping bags