Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-05-2007, 10:18 PM   #21

Re: I've calmed down now

My girls are not allowed to jump up - they sit while being stroked, if people come with children and I don't mean family. The girls get locked outside or locked in the living room or kitchen whereever the children won't go. I prefer safety for the children and dogs, I have no idea how strange children relate to dogs and I can;t have eyes everywhere.
Same as visitorswho dislike unsure of dogs the dogs are locked away, people come first.

The dogs are well behaved to my standards not to their standards.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-05-2007, 10:20 PM   #22

Karen - I wish there were more responsible owners such as yourself. Sadly, manners and general good and common sense behaviour seem lacking these days, whether dog related or not.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
02-05-2007, 10:20 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
My girls are not allowed to jump up - they sit while being stroked, if people come with children and I don't mean family. The girls get locked outside or locked in the living room or kitchen whereever the children won't go. I prefer safety for the children and dogs, I have no idea how strange children relate to dogs and I can;t have eyes everywhere.
Same as visitorswho dislike unsure of dogs the dogs are locked away, people come first.

The dogs are well behaved to my standards not to their standards.

Karen
I do exactly the same with my 3 Kazz....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-05-2007, 10:26 PM   #24

See there is 2 of us.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
03-05-2007, 09:30 AM   #25

Make that 3

Kazz what a horrible thing to witness/be involved in. ( You are a trouble magnet you know! Always something going on!)
I think the chances of the police doing anything are about 0.00001%. Hope the owner got enough of a shock to ensure this never happens again.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
03-05-2007, 10:19 AM   #26

I am shocked to read about this dog attack and I hope that the owner is punished. I hope you are recovering OK and thank goodness for the two men.

Sally

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
03-05-2007, 10:34 AM   #27

That's terrible.
I think the chances of the police taking action are half the chance that DM thinks.. (does that make sense)
Not sure what a half of 0.00001 % is though

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
03-05-2007, 01:54 PM   #28

OMG Kazz it musta been a completely hair raising experience to have witnessed I hope the Police do something about this....

I am truly disgusted at the lack of responsibility this owner took by letting her animals invade a public area without leads or proper supervision and then completely took off without a by your leave or apology to anyone.

I myself wasa ttacked as a child by a black terrier type dog(rather a large one) in my grandparents backyard.... this animal always seemed to know I was out playing and went for me quite a few times.... since then I have been extremely scared of dogs that I have no knowledge of.

This woman really needs to be found and punished...

sorry for the rant