Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-09-2010, 01:08 PM   #1

Monday Mountain Mist

It's grey here in the Valleys, the mist has lifted during the morning but there's def an Autumn chill in the air with a stiff wind blowing.

Had fasting bloods done this morning in our GP surgery, everyone getting a cholesterol check and my other blood checks were done the same time.

Not much else happening. see you later x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-09-2010, 01:56 PM   #2

Re: Monday Mountain Mist

It's a cloudy day here and a bit breezy. I have washing out and am keeping a weather-eye open!

I do loathe blood tests PP - the nurse generally has a very hard time getting mine to come out and I usually come back with two very sore arms. I have found that wearing something snug and warm around the wrists does seem to help though. Hope that you treated yourself to a nice breakfast when you got home!

Not a lot going on today. Kizzy had me smiling this morning - she was playing in her tunnel. That really has proved to be the best toy I have bought for her and Pip. It is still used regularly.

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-09-2010, 04:13 PM   #3

Hope your blood test results are ok PP.
Angie it's lovely to watch the Cats playing, Tom is still frisky.
Miserable wet day here, work went ok. Decided to tackle the kitchen cupboards, inside and out. Just started on the pan cupboard when O/H and a friend arrived home and decided to cook a meal in the middle of the afternoon.
They have gone again now so may tackle another and then walk Malaika.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-09-2010, 04:31 PM   #4

Hi, all. Warming up a bit, may make our normal 27 C by afternoon. Lots of sun, 19 C (67 F) now, pretty morning, had breakfast on the porch. A no errand day, just did a few chores, nothing special scheduled.

Hope the blood tests will be OK. I am lucky, the nurse at the doctors where I worked was a very good phlebotomist and even I who hate needles admit it was almost painless with her. Almost! Leia is bored with her tunnel, hasn't played in it for ages Oooh, Shelley, you're making me feel guilty, my cupboards could stand a clearout!

Hope it's a good day for all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-09-2010, 04:51 PM   #5

In the office today - long day as I don't pick the boys up until 5.20. My washing is out but as we've had intermittent drizzle up here I'm not holding up much hope for it having dried

I think my voice is going as it's definitely turning a bit husky - that and the sore throat are giveaways.

Not much else to report . . . boring eh?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-09-2010, 04:57 PM   #6

I like "peaceful" rather than "boring" ! Better than burglaries, a fire, the fridge dying, etc

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
13-09-2010, 05:23 PM   #7

Spent a bit of today recovering after a nightmare trip to London yesterday to see our son's new house. We're not comfortable with that volume of traffic, traffic lights, signs, bus lanes etc. The house isn't far from the South Circular but the darned SatNav (not a proper one 'cos OH insists he doesn't need one this is just the GPS function on his MP4) kept making us turn round whenever we seemed to be getting near! It eventually told us we'd arrived at our destination only it was the wrong, but identically named, road in SE25 instead of SW2.

We were late for lunch much to everyone's amusement!

Anyway, the house is late Victorian, has all the cornices and ceiling roses, most of the fireplaces, original doors, bay windows, some stained glass and Minton tiles in the hall. It needs a bit of loving, mainly decorating and appropriate light fittings and the stairs to the cellar are a bit ricketty but they love it and they're going to be so happy there.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-09-2010, 05:40 PM   #8

Your son's house sounds lovely MrsH, full of character.
Have to say it would be my worst nightmare to have to drive anywhere near London.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
13-09-2010, 05:43 PM   #9

Hi all - torrential rain here. I drove up the single track road to be met by a 'river' coming down. Glad to be home and safe and dry.

My two wee ones have been for their first jabs today. Got micro chipped as well. Both are a bit subdued and quiet. I forget they often do that after jabs and I still sit with a panic in my tummy until they are back to normal - happens every time.

Bloods - eugh - last time I gave blood it took forever for them to extract the required donation.

Angieh - Have to say my two love their play tunnel.

Shelley123 - I don't particularly like clearing out cupboards but love the feeling of satisfaction once done.

27c DM - lucky you. We won't see that again until April

yola - poor you, do you think the voice/throat is what has been building up? You've just not been 100% for a while. Hope you feel better soon.

Mrs H - the house sounds lovely, so good that it has not been badly restored and is a clean sheet for them to work on. London traffic is a nightmare isn't it?

Hope the rest of you are keeping dryer than we are.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-09-2010, 06:23 PM   #10

Back again it hasn't stopped drizzling all day, so my washing is all hanging around and the heavy stuff is in the tumble dryer. Feel ever so tired, I'm sure she took too much blood, nearly an armful, as Tony Hancock might have said

Doing faggots and peas for dinner, the smell is lovely and Posh is looking for her share!

The Victorian house with original features is an interior decorator's dream, I envy your son and his GF the opportunity to experiment, MrsH. Take care of that sore throat Yola, Shelley, lots of cupboards here need sorting, if ya like Envy your nice weather Eileen.

Hope the babies get over their jabs quickly and are back to their bouncy best. Must try and get a play tunnel for Posh, I bet it'll be ignored tho.