Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
09-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #11

Re: Thursday thoughts

Still waiting for Malaika's half brother. He's coming over on the ferry from the Isle of Man, only trouble is we don't know when. We haven't had contact with his owners, it has all been organised by his breeder. Now he can't reach them on their mobile so who knows where they are and when they will arrive.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
09-09-2010, 06:43 PM   #12

Morning, all. Chilly here too at 59 degrees. It's starting to get cool and then once in awhile the sun will peek out from behind a cloud but nothing to bask in. I do love when the kids go back to school as the neighborhood is so much quieter during the week and I don't have to dodge tennis balls on my way to the mailbox Less kids knocking on the door asking to look at fish tanks and such too so all around quieter Mind you, we're across from a school and have to drive more carefully with the crosswalks and reduced speed limits but it's a small price to pay for some peace and quiet
Will probably drop by the library today, at the most. Have to go fix my coffee now but feed the cats first as Solomon says he is Starving and Wasting Away because of wretched, groggy me
Have a good day, all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
09-09-2010, 08:48 PM   #13

Evening all - been to work today and then I applied the keratin treatment to a friends hair - so far it has turned out well although it took me 2 hours to do!! LOL

Nothing planned for this evening. Have a good one everybody

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
09-09-2010, 08:53 PM   #14

Hello everyone! Can't believe I missed the quiz last night, was really looking forward to it as we had no tv (some horrid little vandals cut through the aerial cabling on the outside of the house on Sunday night) but passed out asleep on the sofa as soon as I got in-didn't even have any dinner!
Will try harder next week, promise!
Been a bit worried about Imogen recently, she has strange episodes of vomiting her food soon after eating-still very bright though and wanting to eat so going to trial her with some wet i/d and monitor it.
I'm going to London this weekend and Darcy will be going up to mum's so she'll have a nice quiet weekend with my sister.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-09-2010, 08:56 PM   #15

Sorry to hear Imogen's vomiting. Does she eat fast?

Also sorry to hear you intended to play in the Quiz, Liz - never mind. We'll look forward to welcoming you next week. You needed the sleep. Enjoy your weekend in London.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
09-09-2010, 09:00 PM   #16

She doesn't eat particularly fast Angie but we've recently moved her bowls into the dining room which is 'Darcy-proofed' with a baby gate, in case she was worried about having her food pinched but it doesn't seem to have resolved the problem. Luckily she loves the i/d so she's not feeling too hard done by!
She's still liking to sleep on my stomach but got a shock last night when baby's foot suddenly stuck out to the side, I got such a filthy look as if she thought I'd done it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
09-09-2010, 09:52 PM   #17

Interesting that Imogen is still sleeping on your tummy Liz. As soon as I was 'showing' both Ferdy (with Dominik) and Darcy (with Sebi) avoided lying on my tummy until the baby was born). However, they never strayed far - instead preferring to lie by my side rather than on top of my belly!

I hope Imogen's sickness is just greed rather than anything untoward . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
09-09-2010, 10:03 PM   #18

Sorry to hear Imogen has been sick PL and hope it settles soon.
Malaika's half brother arrived about an hour ago so chaos reigns in our house.He has met both Cats and so far so good.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-09-2010, 10:27 PM   #19

PL, sudden vomiting after eating too fast isn't uncommon; all of mine have done it at one time or another; hope that's all it is. The quiz was fun as usual but you and baby probably needed the sleep more. Shelley, good that the pup has arrived safely and all seems well! Tink, did you make the library? I just got an e-mail that two of my holds are in. Solomon does exaggerate a bit, bless him!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
09-09-2010, 10:30 PM   #20

Eileen, was just thinking of going now as the sun has popped out--a cool breeze but it sure does look pretty out there.
Oh if you were to visit, Solomon would have you convinced he's mistreated, he's quite convincing with the pathetic high pitched meows..he also does the "silent miaow", not sure which one's more pathetic!