Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
07-09-2010, 11:22 AM   #1

Tuesday Topic

Hello all and good morning, despite the bad showers I intend to plod on with my outside jobs today. Took the patio table etc into storage, swept up the patio and now its weeding the paths time. Later food shopping and then take Ceri for a haircut and collect Tom from school.

No idea what to do for lunch or dinner today. Must start to reign in on the calories again or I'll be in trouble come 'you know when'. When is it safe to mention C-s?

Have had lots of catalogues through the post already and have been looking at cards and gifts.

See you later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-09-2010, 12:49 PM   #2

Re: Tuesday Topic

Hi PP! We couldn't believe that it was not time for lunch yet - had a busy morning. The boiler service chap phoned at 8.00 to say he'd be with us at 8.30 - and we haven't stopped since then. One of the ladies I work for phoned to say she was doing an interview in the locality and so I invited her to come for coffee, which she did. While she was here, all three cats came in to say hello, which was nice as she loves cats! Then there was the grocery order to do and I have turfed out loads of old catalogues of various sorts as it's recycling bin collection tomorrow. As you say, PP new C-word ones are already arriving.

Thinking about mincemeat recipes - anyone got a good one???

Have a good day everyone and avoid the showers if you can.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
07-09-2010, 01:43 PM   #3

Got drenched out there this morning, I'm not sure Morgan is going to get his walk in the woods this afternoon, he hates getting wet and will probably run a mile if I get his lead down again. I can just hear him thinking "you're not getting me out in that twice in one day!"

Off to go look through my WI recipe book for mincemeat for Angie.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-09-2010, 02:21 PM   #4

A morning at school (nursery) with Sebi for his 'induction' meeting and shortly heading of for the same with Domi at 4 . . . back to some degree of normality tomorrow Final MaccieD's for the 2 of them shortly, more a case of killing time until 4 than anything else

It's cold and wet here today we're dodging showers . . . taking Balie to the vet so will need to hurtle back from the school in order to get to the vet for 6.

I'm sleeping very badly at the moment so am kind of running on autopilot - hopefully a better night's sleep tonight, but I doubt it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-09-2010, 02:54 PM   #5

Hello all, it's so sad when you have to get the garden ready for the W....r, there can't even say it. I've ordered summer to stay longer in Walmer Bridge
All those people who have mentioned the C word, wash your mouths out with soap and water
Done the dog walk this morning and am now getting Dolls ready for the fair on Saturday.
We have a little Doggy guest arriving on Thursday. He is a 9 month old Basenji Pup, Malaika's half brother.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-09-2010, 03:18 PM   #6

Hi Shelley - when you say the Doll fair on Saturday - will you be selling or buying or both???

Yola - I am so sorry you are not sleeping well atm. It really makes everything x10 worse. What have you tried to help?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-09-2010, 03:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Hi Shelley - when you say the Doll fair on Saturday - will you be selling or buying or both???

Yola - I am so sorry you are not sleeping well atm. It really makes everything x10 worse. What have you tried to help?
I have a stall four times a year at this fair, it's run by a friend. Have got lots to sell but my main reason for going is in the hope i will find something nice to buy
I meet up with lots of Dolly friends there so we have a good catch up.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-09-2010, 04:22 PM   #8

Hi, all. Sun continues although we once again need rain, none for two weeks. 23 C (74 F) now, a nice morning and will make 30 C by afternoon. Up to the other market for Leia'\'s favorite food, got vermouth; nthing special planned.

Hope you find something good at the Fair Saturday, Shelley! Sorry you're not sleeping well Yola, new mattress, perhaps?? PP, Angie, the C word catalogues are coming by the dozens, don't even want to think about it!! Hush!!

Hope your weather improves, send us a bit of that rain!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
07-09-2010, 04:32 PM   #9

Morning, all. Two days in a row up bright and early..something must surely be wrong!
Did quite a lot of resting yesterday as I really felt I was coming down with something. I think it did me some good as I feel somewhat improved today, not nearly as bad anyway.
K has been doing some renovations on the living room/dining area. Think we've finally found the right combination of some order and chaos so that I don't feel overwhelmed with it all (he's learned if he tidies up as he goes then I'm much more open to change ).
We had a late grocery run last night as I was craving some comfort food, having the sniffles and it being dreary and wet and all. All stocked up now, I love shopping at night when everyone is sleeping and I have the whole place to myself
Didn't mean to fall asleep after a late dinner but I did and next thing I knew it was 7am and the ferrets had been out playing all night in the bedroom as I slept off the sickies. They were quite happy about it and now very tuckered out sleeping peacefully now as they stayed up all night playing and partying
Kitties are all very excited about the rearranging of the living room/kitchen. New things to investigate each morning. And K has cleaned off the windowsills from clutter and put a fresh coat of paint so kitties have more places to lie and survey their territory
May do a bit more painting in the living area, there are a few more walls to cover until I am satisfied. Don't want to push it though if I start feeling poorly again though so we will see how it goes. Maybe I'll just have a quiet day and pick up the painting when the sun decides to come out again. Almost thought of turning on the fireplace yesterday morning, there is getting to be a chill in the air again.
Think it is a meatloaf, potatoes, and buttered biscuits kind of day. We saw some fog roll in last night on our way back from the store..and there was an eerie orange light to the sky that we couldn't distinguish where that glow was coming from...aliens perhaps?
Have a good day, all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
08-09-2010, 12:11 AM   #10

Well I guess my mom has had some complications from the surgery and has to stay on oxygen and pain killers constantly but she is home. Just found this out from my dad that she's been having trouble in recovery