Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
29-08-2010, 10:34 AM   #1

Its Sunday - so lounge around

Well its Sunday not long up couple hours had boiled egg for brekkie, seems a little overcast and is it me or is anyone else noticing the drop in temperature?
Anyhow bank holiday tomorrow and work beckons.

Going to try to get some thought behind the utility extension and work out what is wanted/needed in there and then what would "love" to get in there and how. Going to measure where then draw out a plan so I can get use of every inch and make changes before anything is built. Would like to get the washing machine, tumble dryer, freezer, storage cupboard, radiator down stairs Loo and basin. Maybe the ironing board so it’s a laundry room Ideas ideas.

Anyhow have a lovely Sunday everyone. Speak later, off to catch up on threads before I move to the drawing board.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
29-08-2010, 10:44 AM   #2

Re: Its Sunday - so lounge around

So cold and windy here today Kazz, had plans to work outside but not now. Will stick to telly watching and ironing. Should be brighter and warmer tomorrow hopefully so it can wait til then.

You sound like you have good ideas for the utility room, moving all the laundry stuff is a must, makes so much more room in the kitchen. Good idea to make a plan so that items fit snuggly and conserve space.

Have a good Sunday everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
29-08-2010, 10:53 AM   #3

Housework for me today, got quite a bit to do as it was left by the wayside because of the party.

Cottage pie for dinner tonight - should be yummy!!

Have a good day everybody.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
29-08-2010, 11:04 AM   #4

Morning everyone.
A utility room sounds great Kazz, but i can't give you any ideas i'm afraid as i'm useless at that sort of thing.
PP hope there is something good on tv for you and Emma have a productive housework day.
Just had a quick cleanup as my parents are coming today.
We are going to the village fete. Was raining heavily earlier on but is sunny at the moment, so who knows.
Will check in later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
29-08-2010, 11:07 AM   #5

Decision made on flooring quary tiles. Can't match the tiles in the kitchen so going to make to utility "different" quarry tiles. Reclaimed if I can get them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
29-08-2010, 11:18 AM   #6

Quarry tiles sound nice , Kazz. I like the idea of using reclaimed ones too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
29-08-2010, 11:43 AM   #7

Been up since 8am today, was feeling full of energy so decided to go for a swim!
Have done some housework and laundry and taken Darcy out. I'm really hungry now though so will have to go and do a food shop so that I can have breakfast
Ordering our pram today as they have a discount on the one we want until tomorrow, it's the first 'big' thing we've bought so far

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
29-08-2010, 12:14 PM   #8

Having a very lazy day just toast for breakfast with some of this year's rhubarb and ginger jam, very yummy but just a bit firm, must have overdone the "setting point" slightly. Roast beef for lunch, will put the Yorkshire puddings in soon and treacle tart for dessert - ooooh! all those calories, diet starts tomorrow!

Kazz, when you're designing your utility room don't forget a really tall cupboard for your ironing board. It's the one thing I totally forgot when we had our kitchen first done and had to just prop it up against the wall for years (or hide it in the dining room )

PL exciting times now you've started ordering some of the big stuff for your baby how long to go now?

Enjoy the rest of this Day of Rest!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
29-08-2010, 01:12 PM   #9

Your lunch sounds delicious MrsH, yumyum, can we come over? I have nothing planned so have to just rustle some thing up later.
Liz, glad you are getting the pram, but being an old superstitious old nurse, please store it someone else's house before the baby is born
Quarry tiles, ex. choice Kazz. Durable and smart.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
29-08-2010, 01:16 PM   #10

Miserable overcast day here today, but no rain so far (think it will rain before the day is out). Back to winter boots and jackets now for me...

Been grocery shopping and B&Q for some exterior plywood to make some night time doors for the bunny house. I am security mad on the bunny accommodation!!!

Housework for the afternoon and I might have the rest of the chicken stew I made for dinner tonight. Think I make a bolognaisse for the kids.. as never know when they are going to turn up!