Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-08-2010, 04:25 PM   #11

Re: Saturday - the weekend for real

Hi all, Another day in the string of lovely late Summer days: 24 C (75 F) now, not a cloud in the sky, no rain predicted for the next 7 days. A Bermuda high is plunked right atop of us so will remain gorgeous and warmer. No errands (enough library books), so just the usual lie in and few chores this morning.

Kazz, work certainly agrees with you, you sound so happy and chipper! I like the utility room idea; I have a downstairs loo and agree the convenience is wonderful. You are justly proud of Sophie, what a credit to her upbringing and her determination. CM, I'd forgotten how helpful kittens are at bed making ... glad Ms Leia has outgrown that, frankly! Dandy was especially helpful, even as an adult. MrsH, what an annoyance about your phone, wretched vandalism! PL, hope it doesn't develop into full blown cold; yes, Darcy and Imogen pics would be welcome. Angie, 10 lavenders... how nice to have room for that many! Harley is certainly a wandering boy, isn't he?

Have a great day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
28-08-2010, 04:58 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH

Just realised that our phone (Virgin media) isn't working. Some perishing blighter (for want of a more direct description) has vandalised the area box just round the corner! I've emailed Virgin but apparently neighbours had already done this, I wonder how long it will take them to respond?
Update...........
Realised that there's a freephone number for Virgin and after about 8 minutes of pressing 1 or 2 or # etc. finally got a human voice and after explaining the damage to their green box I was told someone will be out to see to it on Wednesday between 12.00 and 16.00 Obviously they don't treat this as in any way urgent, the neighbours contacted them about 8.00 this morning. I was then told they'll "try" to get to it sooner but today's out now, tomorrow's Sunday, Monday's the Bank Holiday so I'm not holding my breath!

I've now had a reply to my email saying the team is on the case and they'll get back to me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-08-2010, 05:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH
I don't really know if these subjects are a good choice for Sophie's A levels, my gut reaction is that they certainly are, on the basis that to do an academic course at university you should have 3 academic A levels and her subjects are definitely in that group. I just don't know if there are any specific requirements for her chosen career, for example in order to study Medecine you need A level Chemistry, Engineering needs Maths and so on. Has she looked at course requirements at appropriate post-A level institutions or got advice from her 6th form centre?
Yes for "a the moment chosen path" speech/language therapist or Audiology (I discovered today) she needs 5 passes at C above in GCSE's and 2 (preferably) 3 A levels (3 for auidology); she was advised by Jacks schools speech therapist and she looked at course requirements from Univerities and decided she could not go wrong with what she had chosen, English Language and Lit, Any science subject (Biology being the main one) and with a Modern Foreign language (its ideal) She was adivsed to keep the A levels to academic choices, as it will widen her choice of course at Uni... big plus here is they are her favourtie subjects along with history. She choose dance as a "stress relief/buster"

She is well chuffed and floating on air. I think whatever she does she will have a good chance of most university courses with her A levels. Plus they are the lessons she enjoys most,.

Catsey Veteran

28-08-2010, 07:43 PM   #14

Good news!!

Son and fiancee have finalised purchase of their new house sooooo pleased as they'd lost others when the owners or others in the chain messed things up. They've spent today making a start on the packing and they move (with friend and van's assistance ) on Friday.

They're now the very proud owners of a bay window-ed 4 bed 2 bath London terrace house with cellar, attic rooms and small front and back gardens, built in 1890 - big change from their tiny 4 roomed flat!! Really glad they've got themselves rehomed before their wedding in October.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-08-2010, 07:55 PM   #15

Congratulations to son and fiancee, MrsH ..... sounds like a lovely home!! Now the hassle of moving!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
28-08-2010, 08:33 PM   #16

Kazz, i'm glad work is going well and that you are enjoying being back. The history course sounds interesting, i did my ecdl 18 months ago and thoroughly enjoyed getting my brain in gear.
Well done to Sophie, what great results. Fantastic that she is looking to do relevant voluntary work, i'm sure it will be very helpful for her and the school.
PL, glad you enjoyed your lie in, you must have needed it.
CM i know were you are coming from with the shuffle walk, we did it when we got Malaika as she would be hanging off our pant legs.
Angie, i love Lavender, i bet the scent comes into the house when you have your windows open.
MrsH, hope you phone is sorted soon.Just read the news about your son and Fiancee, their house sounds lovely.
Eileen, hope you enjoy your day, and glad you have enough library books. I use the library a lot, it's a great feeling to leave the library with an armful of books.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
28-08-2010, 08:37 PM   #17

Evening all.

Been shopping for some new work tops at Lakeside today had quite a nice day with hubby - had lunch there as well.

Just downloaded an audio book from Audible.com - Shaun Hutson - haven't read/listened to any of his books recently.

Good to hear about Sophie's results Kazz - you must be very proud of her.

MrsH that is so nice that your son has got his new home before the wedding.

Have a good evening all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-08-2010, 08:38 PM   #18

Mrs H that is brilliant news, so thats your holiday destination from now on then London.....

Catsey Veteran

28-08-2010, 10:09 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Mrs H that is brilliant news, so thats your holiday destination from now on then London.....
Nah! London's for shopping! it's only 50 minutes away. Maybe in a year or two it might be the place for some baby-sitting who knows?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
28-08-2010, 10:17 PM   #20

"morning", all
feeling much brighter today. i slept a lot since yesterday (felt like i was coming down with something) and it really has helped tons
CM, i constantly do that shuffle walk with the ferrets, it's just become a way of life around here And Hestia is my biggest "helper" of bed making..she gets in under the blankets as i spread them out and then carries on about being under them. i think she just likes to hear herself complain..funny thing, she is
Found out last night that Solomon is a bacon lover. K gave him some off his plate and he inhaled it!! Never seen him so excited about a food item yet..though I wish it was something healthier that he liked. K is always the pushover giving out tidbits and i'm the bad guy making sure they stick to their diet, that is our opposing roles as "parents" to the animals i worry and fuss and he goes against all my strict rules, thank goodness there are no human children can you imagine
Kitties personalized tags should be arriving any day now (the ones I loved so much in Kobster's picture thread). I'll have to take pictures of them when they show up and then of course of felines sporting them
Sun is out. Last night it was so chilly, autumn is finally making its way in. I prefer it actually, my favorite weather season.
Kuan Yin has come up with a new game. Solomon is not so great at jumping yet and she decided to get on top of the ferret cage (the big one in the other room that is close to the ceiling in height) and taunt him from above. He bawled and trilled at her to come down and she leisurely stretched and groomed herself, the little brat. He's not confident in jumps unless it's the cat tree where he can latch his claws in..which reminds me. New game is to get to the very top of the cat tree and divebomb into the cardboard boxes (k has a whole pile of them in the living room for shipping out some things he is selling). Kuan Yin and Solomon just seem to love the noise of the crash as they do that. I really think Kuan Yin is in second kittenhood..they chase each other like mad into the wee hours of the morning. Even K admits you can just curl up on the couch and watch them as entertainment. Hestia will gladly warm your lap as you watch them
Have a good day, everyone