Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
27-08-2010, 10:20 AM   #1

Faaaaantastic Friday !!

Beautiful sun shiney day here at Tralee Bay. We have been so lucky with the weather.
Going into Oban again today and then we will hang out at the beach.
Back home tomorrow, i realy wish we were staying for longer but we will return.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #2

Re: Faaaaantastic Friday !!

I'm so glad you've had good weather Shelley. Ours has been pants all week, and still yukky today. Miserable in fact.

We've had the care organiser for MIL this morning as we've asked for extra help for MIL so that's now organised. Good news.

OH will be making a fish pie this afternoon for supper as we need nice warm comforting food because of the weather.

Pip had his letter from the vet this morning re his yearly booster and health check. Can't believe he's been with us for a whole year ............. he is such a cheerful cat!

I have loads of transcription work today, so will pop back at lunch time. Hope everyone is keeping well?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
27-08-2010, 01:57 PM   #3

Bought a new car (Mazda 6) today it's not a colour I particularly like but for the options OH wanted there was only a choice of white or clearwater blue which we went for, it's like ice blue meets silver grey -ish. I really wanted the very dark blue but a factory order from Japan would take 5 months. It was very difficult to find his petrol engine spec. with leather seats, loads of diesel (with half-leather seats) available but he didn't want those It's currently at the docks in Zeebrugge and will be with us in about 10-14 days.

Molly knocked my ring stand off the dressing table at some point during the night so I had to scrabble around on the floor this morning hunting for my engagement ring and my late mother's enternity ring! One had rolled under the bedside table and the other was caught in the rug, they were found ok so panic over but they weren't immediately visible and I did wonder for a while if she'd swallowed them

It's actually not raining here now so we'll not get wet in the woods today, well our feet will because it'll be awfully muddy out there, hope we don't sink out of sight! must get the bath ready for Morgan before we set off then he can get straight into the tub afterwards.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #4

Hi all! Lovely morning here, still cooler than normal 22 C (72 F). but blue skies and a nice breeze; will warm back up to the 30s (90s) by Monday finally! Off to the bank and Whole Foods earlier; will be just my usual quiet day.

Shelley, glad you're having such good weather, rain can really ruin a holiday sometimes. Sorry you're having rain, Angie, but the fish pie sounds good. I love your Pip description: a cheerful cat! MrsH, good news about the car, and glad you found the rings.

Have a great day, people!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
27-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #5

Lovely sunny afternoon so after a very lazy morning I got showered and tidied up the backyard. I'd left the protective tarpaulin for the patio set off and it lay on the ground during all the bad weather. When I lifted it today, there was at least 3 dozen worms and a tiny frog in residence. I gathered them al up and put them in the flower beds and lawn So did my bit for conservation.

Have happy motoring in the new Mazda MrsH
Pip a year old, seems like yesterday; fish pie leftovers a birthday treat?
Shelley, hope the weather holds for you on your return.

No plans for the Bank Holiday w/e , just gonna go with the flow

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
27-08-2010, 06:33 PM   #6

Well, the festival is in full swing with music thumping . . . can hear it clearly from the garden here I love Reading Festival weekend; the place if full of good-natured music fans rather than the usual 'H-plan diet' scrawny no marks who frequent the town.

Dominik had his last day of football club at his new school - finished it off with a barbecue . . . staff there are really relaxed and chatty - I think he's really looking forward now to starting on the 8th.

Sebi has been a little angel with my Mum - he's playing up a bit now that I'm back but he's still made a big change for the better in the last few weeks.

Dinner is home made meatball sauce with pasta - OH is on his way back from London so we'll be eating about 9pm at this rate

Allotment weeding for this weekend (after nail appt and running my Mum back tomorrow) + some urgent work we need to do for a prospective client on Monday . . . no bank holiday in Switzerland!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
27-08-2010, 06:37 PM   #7

MrsH I have a Mazda 6 - I LOVE IT!!!!!! fantastic car - one of the best cars I have ever driven.!!!

I only have a little 2 litre petrol though which engine did you go for?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
27-08-2010, 08:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
MrsH I have a Mazda 6 - I LOVE IT!!!!!! fantastic car - one of the best cars I have ever driven.!!!

I only have a little 2 litre petrol though which engine did you go for?
What a great ambassador (ambassadress?) you'd make We've ordered the 2.5 litre petrol, it's the Sport edition, and OH insisted on leather seats (I think they're heated )

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-08-2010, 08:21 PM   #9

I am full of fish pie!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-08-2010, 08:23 PM   #10

Any leftovers for the furry trio?