Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
25-08-2010, 04:08 PM   #1

Wet n windy Wednesday

Very late starting the daily, was sure I'd be replying to your posts today

Terrible weather here, and the south-west, hope my family are ok in the caravan, bless em.

Spamalot was brilliant last night, a laff a minute!No news so I'll pass it over to you guys.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #2

Re: Wet n windy Wednesday

Hi, PP! Where are the others?

Sunny and still unseasonably cool, 21 C (70 F). Jeans and long sleeved tee; wish it would warm up a bit, but then you all know I'm a heat lover! No errands, a lie-in, and out early in the garden to whack the ovcrgrowth. I'm looking forward to the mail as the new plants I ordered are due today ... exciting! Will post pics later/

Hope all are well, remember the quiz tonight at 8 pm!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-08-2010, 05:12 PM   #3

Absolutely no news here today. It's raining, I was at the office am now home doing the boys' dinner. Had a funny turn just now; all hot, dizzy and shaky. It's passed though which is good.

Balie excelled himself in the litter tray earlier to the point that my usually immune-to-bad-pongs Mum used half a bottle of room freshener

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-08-2010, 05:18 PM   #4

Hi all - sorry I am so late. Gym this morning, which I enjoyed and then home to problems with the credit card and then the debit card - which I didn't. I wish I could just cut them all up- but how would I buy anything then?

Horrid rainy cold day - we've put the heating on as everything just feels so damp. I have three cats all curled up in or on beds, fast asleep. So no snaps today for the photo competition!

I have Qs ready for this evening, so hope you will be able to join in with the QUIZ! See you later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
25-08-2010, 06:03 PM   #5

Hi all - Glad you enjoyed Smamalot PP- wish it was up here. We went to see Inception last night after a huge chinese buffet - don't know if it was good or not (fell asleep )

Look forward to the new plant pics DM - I always love your interpretation of cool - to us up here in the hills that would be warm!!

yola - hope you're not coming down with something or have you been overdoing things?

angieh - I was trying to talk OH into putting on heating when we got home last night. Cats obviously have best idea - curl up and snooze.

1st day back at work today so I'm bushed - but will be at quiz later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
25-08-2010, 06:11 PM   #6

Dreadful weather here all day, very chilly and raining, so I've got the fire on in the living room but I don't want to put the central heating on just yet, it's only August!

Had to wait just over an hour for blood test today as the vampire department was shortstaffed. The trouble with waiting is that my circulation slows down and it becomes difficult for them to find a vein, so today I ended up with an attempt on my left arm, then my right and finally success on the back of my right hand. The other people still waiting looked a bit perturbed at the sight of my 3 sticking plasters, they probably thought that there was an inept trainee on duty!

Got back from the blood test intending to take Morgan for a walk (yes, in the rain! it's what we dog-walkers love doing! ) but he somehow delevoped a limp while we were out I thought it may be a cut in his paw, or a grass seed between the toes but I couldn't find anything. He's quite happy for me to examine and manipulate his leg so fingers crossed it's something muscular and will get better by itself, but it'll be the vet's tomorrow if there's no improvement.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-08-2010, 06:45 PM   #7

Are dogs clever enough to put on a limp when they don't want to go out because it's hammering down with rain???? Just a thought from a non-doggie person!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
25-08-2010, 10:02 PM   #8

85 degrees, summer is having it's last hurrah as rain is predicted by friday.
kitties running around like little lunatics..must be the weather
house to myself today as K has a busy day of errands, some in locations several hours away so he most likely won't be back till after midnight i expect. have to admit, it's kind of nice once in awhile
have a good one, all.