Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

26-06-2006, 11:46 PM   #31

Re: New kittens in a bad way

How sad I hope your kittens make it

All my 3 are rescue cats so have never had to deal with breeders and reading this I am glad. Let's hope that if the RSPCA can't/won't help then environmental health will. I didn't know people who breed have to be licensed but am glad to read it is so.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
27-06-2006, 09:23 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunny
... All my 3 are rescue cats so have never had to deal with breeders and reading this I am glad. ...
It's not so difficult. You just need to find out if the breeder is a responsible breeder before you go. Word of mouth works wonders and even if the breeders you are recommended are too far away or do not have a suitable cat/kitten, they might be able to direct you to someone they know is responsible and who is better situated. Having ads in papers isn't a recommendation. Although this isn't fool-proof, your chances are pretty good of getting a well-cared for animal that suits you and your life. Moggz - you ran into one of the (hopefully) rare cases when it sounds good, but is horrible. I'm honestly not trying to make out that you did anything wrong.
CP covers a good chunk of Britain and a fair few breeds, so asking here would be an option. I'm sure someone can give a "absolutely!" or "noway!" stylee comment or at least a few hints of defects and good points to look for.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
27-06-2006, 09:40 AM   #33

The RSPCA are very slow to act.

I had a puppy who went to a good home, or so we thought. Did home check etc but then I actually saw their little boy stab the puppy with a pen, consequently the pup bit him and the poor thing got slung across the wooden flooring. It took the RSPCA 6 weeks to respond to both mine and her neighbours concerns about the pup. By the time the RSPCA responded I had finally got my pup back and rehomed. I've informed the RSPCA that none of their literature or their fund raisers are to come to my house.

Sorry to any supporters of the RSPCA

Definately agree with the others, contact the Environmental Helath. The act a lot quicker.

Lets hope the kittens continue to get stronger and that this 'person' get's what they deserve and more

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
27-06-2006, 09:46 AM   #34

Its the same up here, I reported a puppy farmer to the SSPCA, all they could say was, as this person had a license, there was nothing they could do!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
27-06-2006, 12:38 PM   #35

makes me so angry about the RSPCA etc, theyre meant to care about the welfare of the animals, but then leave them suffering for weeks on end!

I saw some nice glasses cases today, and mugs etc. When i took a clsoer look theyre from the RSPCA, with money from the sales going to them. I walked off, almost huffing out loud!
Besdies which I think a tenner for a mug with a kitten on is a bit over priced, and I dont hold much faith in the RSPCA anymore.

Catsey Veteran

27-06-2006, 01:29 PM   #36

Is part of it legal? I've read that the law requires the poor animal to be half-way-or-worse to dead before they're allowed to do anything. There is apparently a new one in the making that means they just have to prove that the treatment - if continued - would be bad for the animal.

Catsey Veteran

27-06-2006, 02:47 PM   #37

There certainly need to be tighter laws on this sort of thing, more checks done, maybe pet licensing of some sort?

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 11 various
27-06-2006, 05:12 PM   #38

Daily Update:
more solid poos
Kittens going mental at the sight of a food bowl.
Saturnalia has started to meow - and after being held for about 4 hours by our friend Niall last night - has started to try purring.
Solstice appears to have monkey in her somewhere as she is climbing upside down across the roof of the crate, she is becoming very active.
Sat now weighs in at 610g and Sol 920g

No news from RSPCA

Mog

Catsey Veteran

27-06-2006, 05:15 PM   #39

Moggz, so glad to ehar theyre picking up.
Can you believe this woman has another 9 cats LUS unkown number of siler tabby kittens for sae. probably knowing theyre all sick!!!

good luck with your ones

Catsey Veteran

27-06-2006, 05:20 PM   #40

Aaaaaa, they acting like proper kittens.... Well done you! Think there's hope they'll be just fine.