Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
26-06-2006, 03:20 PM   #21

Re: New kittens in a bad way

Amazing the things you can get over-joyed about, isn't it?
Congratulations and really well done! Hope the rest is just as good news as well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
26-06-2006, 04:01 PM   #22

What a sad story. I would of had to take the kittens too, just to try and save them. Hope the woman gets in serious trouble for her awful treatment of the animals.

Hope the kittens start to do well soon x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
26-06-2006, 05:03 PM   #23

well, I am not going to mention any names here, for every one involved sakes. BUt it turns out this so-called breeder is someone I have heard of.
The only reason I heard of her is a friend of mine wanred me not tog et a kitten from her after I had enquired about a persian kitten from her.

At the latest count this woman is selling 7 cats, and also taking enquires on a further litter not yet ready for re-homing!

I was to get a kitten from her, but was emailed by her back in january saying the kitten was unwell as she had "brought in a cat with flu".
It would now seem as if the whole household is infected with something and she is trying to "get rid" of the poorlies! And stilla sking between £100 and £200 per cat.

surely the RSPCA will do soemthing about this? Is there anyone with more experience in this field who can give any advice? Or is it a matter of leave it to the RSPCA?

Seems terrible she still getting away with it, i was in touch with somebody in januray who DID buy a kitten and reported her to the RSPCA then!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
26-06-2006, 05:11 PM   #24

It might make the RSPCA's job easier if you could somehow compile a list of people who have bought a sickly kitten and would like to see her stopped. Other than that, I think you'll have to go via RSPCA. : /

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
26-06-2006, 05:17 PM   #25

The rspca will not give you or anyone else any info on the lady ie if they are or are not going to prosecute as this is confidential information.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
26-06-2006, 09:16 PM   #26

Although I can see Dawns point that if people are prepared to take these kittens this woman will just continue to breed more, I have to say that had I been in your shoes I would have done exactly the same. No way could I have left them there. At least you didn't pay her, thank goodness. I agree with others you need to report her to the RSPCA and Environmental Health for the appaling condition of these animals and the conditions they are living in. Let's hope these authorites do the right thing by these poor animals. These people make me so bl**dy angry.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
26-06-2006, 09:40 PM   #27

Good luck raising these babies...I would have done exactly the same if I had been in your shoes

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
26-06-2006, 10:06 PM   #28

Apologies for not seeing you didnt pay

Still, the RSPCA wont do much, they never do, but the environmental health officer can force entry if they are a "breeder" because chances are they are unlisenced. They can be prosecuted for this and then the animals can be removed.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
26-06-2006, 10:08 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Apologies for not seeing you didnt pay

Still, the RSPCA wont do much, they never do, but the environmental health officer can force entry if they are a "breeder" because chances are they are unlisenced. They can be prosecuted for this and then the animals can be removed.
Dawn.
Hate to say it, but I agree with you there Dawn.
I've had too many negative experiences with them unfortunately. (ooh that makes it sound like I've been in trouble with them, I just mean I've dealt with them on several occasions & never found them to be helpful)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-06-2006, 11:29 PM   #30

I hope your kittens pull through although my sensible head would say walk away I doubt my heart would let my legs walk - so I imagine I would have done the same thing and sadly I agree the RSPCA are very very very slow to act under these or any circumstances unless you can get Rolf Harris involved
I agree the EHO is a much better bet - even maybe the TAX man as I doubt the breeder is paying tax.

You are in my area to I am in Bham - I hope all goes well for your kittens