Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
04-07-2006, 11:14 PM   #31

Re: Tigger went in his litter tray this morning and...

That's an interesting link Emma. I did mean to add about being more cautious if the blood was dark red. Bright red (fresh blood) I think is less of a worry. I had mentioned to our vet about blood in Sasha's stool at our next visit and he did not seem overly concerned as otherwise she is perfectly healthy (if a little overweight ) and it was not prolonged.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
04-07-2006, 11:19 PM   #32

It is a very informative site Kim, another reason why a cat can have blood in it's stools is stress, a Bengal cat once came into our home and couldn't get out and was trapped in the house for what could have been the whole day, when we came home we opened the front door and it rushed out, and Arthur has blood in his stool that time, he hated that cat and once got into a really bad fight with it, and my OH had to separate them, I have never seen cats fight like that before !

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
04-07-2006, 11:26 PM   #33

That must have been scary Emma. Poor Arthur! It amazes me what physical symptoms stress can cause. It has a lot to answer for, obviously in cats as well as humans!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
04-07-2006, 11:28 PM   #34

I did wonder who it was that rushed for the door when I first opened it. Although it obviously stressed Arthur out, I think he can look after himself, we were more worried about Bronwyn as we had only just got her and couldn't find her when we came in, she was hiding lol I am sure Arthur acted as her knight in shining armour though

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-07-2006, 07:37 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by janey83
Well that's your opinion. Id do anything for my cat, i love him more than anything.

We can afford to take him the vets, (well I cant, but parents can. So they get the say!) But its still really dear!

He's totally fine in him self, eating, drinking, playing.

I'm hurt that you even said I shouldn't have a cat. I would die just for him, I love him that much.

You don't know my cat so you shouldn't say things like that.

But he isn't ill. This thread was only asking what it means to have blood in poo!... Id thought someone would know.

Yeah he did have a tiny bit... I didn't even see it, it was my mum that said she saw it. But she cant see very well anyway.lol.
you asked for opinins and several people said take him to the vets.
You stated it was too expensive.

you might love your cat, and I wasnt doubting you did, but if you arent prepared to get him vet treatment cos of the cost are you prepared to let him suffer instead?

You should take into account the vets bills before you even get a cat. If you can't afford the bills associated with owning a pet then dont get a pet.

ok it might be nothing this time, but your cat deserves tretment or checking when it could be something.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats
05-07-2006, 08:43 AM   #36

I am afraid I agree if you can't afford vet bills then people shouldn't have pets. I am sure a lot of rescues have seen the results of pets that haven't had treatment for a variety of things even though they may have been "loved".

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
05-07-2006, 03:51 PM   #37

We can afford the bills!

I'm leaving this thread alone from now on.
Thanx for suggestions though.