Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
20-05-2006, 09:44 PM   #11

Re: Poppys vet visit today..............:(

I am so very very sorry to hear this news I too have been through this quite recently and it is such a very difficult decision to have to make but it is the last very best and kindest thing you can do for her. {{{Hugs to you and Poppy}}} x

Catsey Junior

20-05-2006, 09:46 PM   #12

I'm so sorry to hear you have such sad news about Poppy
My heart really goes out to you ,Its so awful that you are still mourning another lost friend then this
maybe its fates way that they want to wait for you together at the bridge

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 English Moggies
20-05-2006, 10:28 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Very sorry to hear that news Luz. My first Cat had identical symptoms, the kidneys were not enlarged they were pushed outwards by a large tumour. In all honesty I dont think "Snowball" was really in any pain/discomfort, but he would of been, so like you I chose to end it for him and give him the dignity he deserved, without the pain he would of had. Its the right decision, albeit an incredibly hard one.
Dawn.
We dont agree on some things Dawn ( I respect your words by the way on dogweb ) but agree with that. Poppy was not in any discomfort today when the vet frowned over her tumour. She did say it could be days but no more than a month and to let her go through the indignity of the release of extremement in the house would be cruel to her.
She was so professional but she was so sweet too I have a painful day tomorrow and dread it with the day Barney died. Im grateful Dawn you didnt bring your comments from dogweb to me here. x

Catsey Junior

20-05-2006, 10:30 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
I am so very very sorry to hear this news I too have been through this quite recently and it is such a very difficult decision to have to make but it is the last very best and kindest thing you can do for her. {{{Hugs to you and Poppy}}} x
Thankyou Fran, and for talking to me last night you were a great distraction from todays events.

Catsey Junior

20-05-2006, 10:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleJackdaw
I'm so sorry to hear you have such sad news about Poppy
My heart really goes out to you ,Its so awful that you are still mourning another lost friend then this
maybe its fates way that they want to wait for you together at the bridge
I hope so Bev! I have not yet got over the loss of Barney.

Catsey Junior

20-05-2006, 10:36 PM   #16

Poppy is now eating tender cuts of beef and enjoying cream. I am giving her the best time ever. I am so so sad. Wish I could be god sometimes and kill the bad and save the good.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
20-05-2006, 10:47 PM   #17

The bad makes us move on, learn new things and meet new beeings.
But I know what you mean.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
20-05-2006, 11:08 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luz
Thankyou Fran, and for talking to me last night you were a great distraction from todays events.
I think more light relief than distraction I'm 'with you' Luz, I do know how you are feeling and Poppy's story has brought all the memories flooding back of my old girl Lucky who I lost over Christmas....be strong for her. We are all here for you {{{more hugs for you both tonight}}} x

Catsey Junior

20-05-2006, 11:11 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
I think more light relief than distraction I'm 'with you' Luz, I do know how you are feeling and Poppy's story has brought all the memories flooding back of my old girl Lucky who I lost over Christmas....be strong for her. We are all here for you {{{more hugs for you both tonight}}} x
XThankyouX

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
20-05-2006, 11:27 PM   #20

I am so sorry Luz that you have to go through this, I had to a few years back with my beloved Lucy, she had numerous lyphomas, and whilst we did what we could for her in the end we had to let her go, however after mourning her for a very long time, I am so glad she went with dignity, afterwards perhaps a long time afterwards you will only remember the good times with her and smile.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow, take care xx

Emma