Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-04-2006, 11:05 PM   #11

Re: Wont Eat...

It sounds like she needs to be fed separate from Misty.......see how it goes like that Donna..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
15-04-2006, 10:15 AM   #12

Donna - I think this previous posting from you could have a lot to do with her apprehension

"She did have a problem with a bowl once - stainless steel - it got stuck to her collar as she had a magnet on it for the cat flap and she was scared as the bowl stuck to her and as she ran it tipped up all over.

(Did look funny but looking back she might be a bit scared due to this incident)"

Could you just tip her food onto a feeding mat, as far away from where this incident happened as you can manage? Do without anything looking like a bowl or plate at all? It's amazing what hang-ups animals can have, from the silliest (to us) things, and this incident actually sounds quite scarey.

And I think it's also the case that many people overfeed their pets - vets see a lot more overweight than underweight animals.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
15-04-2006, 10:47 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Donna - I think this previous posting from you could have a lot to do with her apprehension

"She did have a problem with a bowl once - stainless steel - it got stuck to her collar as she had a magnet on it for the cat flap and she was scared as the bowl stuck to her and as she ran it tipped up all over.

(Did look funny but looking back she might be a bit scared due to this incident)"

Could you just tip her food onto a feeding mat, as far away from where this incident happened as you can manage? Do without anything looking like a bowl or plate at all? It's amazing what hang-ups animals can have, from the silliest (to us) things, and this incident actually sounds quite scarey.

And I think it's also the case that many people overfeed their pets - vets see a lot more overweight than underweight animals.
Thinking about this further - at the moment I feed the cats in a lobby to the rear of the house. It is off the kitchen, but also leads to the bathroom and the WC. It also has my kitchen bin in there. Lots of coming and going at the busy times, when they are feeding I suppose. Also she is scared of black bin bags no idea why bin bags. But obviously with the bin being near where she eats it could be a problem

So in the area where she eats she has a scary bin, lots of people coming and going, and it is where the "bowl" incident happened!!

Hmm, its great when you get other people's viewpoints!!! The house is gonna be a complete tip for the next week or so, and when the builders are in, I am going to keep the cats in my bedroom so they will have their food up there anyway. When the kitchen is done, I might have to rethink everything.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
15-04-2006, 07:50 PM   #14

Pebbles has always been fussy, the only wet food she would eat as Gourmet stuff, and she kept going off that. Then I put her on HiLife and she hasn't been fussy since. I have always had weight probs with her as well, so I know how worrying it is.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
16-04-2006, 11:07 AM   #15

Been feeding Chloe Purina One (salmon and rice and chicken and rice) since yesterday - ONLY food I could find yesterday!!!

She seems to have trouble actually picking the bits out of the bowl as they slide around so that is why I think she prefers me feeding her - as when I take one out and put it on the floor it doesnt slide so much, so maybe I will just put her biscuits onto the floor and not in a bowl (?). She has a small amount of cod fillet last night, but that was it.

Today she has had a handful of the dry biscuits so far.