Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #1

Blue sky Tuesday

Hope it is where you live too! Lovely day, if a bit chilly. Nice to see the sunshine and blue sky.

Kizzy and Pip are rushing in and out making the most of the day; OH is out playing golf and I am stuck here minding MIL. Ah well, hopefully for not too much longer.

More laundry and more sorting today. I've "lost" a book and keep looking for it. Not an expensive nor treasured book, but I do hate not being able to find the book .... where is it?

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing! Cuddles to all Catsey felines from me

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #2

Re: Blue sky Tuesday

Hello angie and all who follow.
Very nice day here too. Waiting to have my hair trimmed and then off to visit a friend this afternoon.
Not much else to report realy.
Angie are you any closer to sorting your MIL out ?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-01-2011, 01:20 PM   #3

Just trying to sort Power of Attorney atm. OH took out Enduring PoA before the law changed ..... he took the forms down to the GP yesterday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-01-2011, 05:15 PM   #4

Hi Angie, Shelley, those to follow. Nasty day here: snow and freezing rain ended but still temp below freezing (minus 2, 28 F), so nothing is melting. The front steps and sidewalk are a sheet of ice; fortunately I don't need to go out (the rubbish can wait!), and my neighbor rescued my newspaper and put it on the top porch step! I'd be lost without the paper. That's all my exciting news~!

Angie, hope the book shows up; so weird when they just seem to vanish into a black hole.... enjoy the afternoon with your friend, Shelley!

Hope it's a good day for all...... stay warm!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
18-01-2011, 05:47 PM   #5

Hello all.

Glad you haven't had to go out Eileen, hope your day is as good as it sounds Shelley, and also hope you get MIL sorted out soon Angie!

Here, well I've had a mixed out and about/working in the office day. Come home and done a few jobs, and am here online now. Though I think a certain little one wants to play...

Have a good day all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
18-01-2011, 08:27 PM   #6

evening everybody! hope the ice clears up soon eileen!
just working today, had to come home at luchtime to let the dog out as OH has been in Aviemore visiting his mum, hes back now thankgoodness, hate having a rushed lunhtime when your on your feet the rest of the day! pottering about on internet then going to let rats out, want an early night tonight, really tired today!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #7

Evening all

Not long in from work. Angie I empathise with the legal aspect I and two cousins are "executors" of my uncles will we are just waiting for some paperwork back from the probate dept.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
18-01-2011, 11:01 PM   #8

afternoon, everyone.
we've had odd sleeping hours over the last day or so. oddly enough i'm just having my first cuppa now and it's nearly 2pm
we had a nice shopping excursion last night from midnight till two am..nice because no one is out at those times and we were able to stock our shelves from wal-mart.
we also had a nice dinner at a yummy 24 hrs place..prime rib dip with tots and a slice of strawberry rhubarb pie for me..yum!
it's sprinkling and soggy but the water level has had a chance to go down today, thank goodness. we had to take some odd routes last night because some streets were flooded..not too bad though because we were the only car on the road though so we were able to go about our business in a leisurely way. i wish things were always like it is in the still of the night. i like to pretend i'm in a ghost town
woke up about an hour ago and accompanied k to the post office to send out some fish supplies people ordered from him online.
two people coming by sometime later to pick up a few fishy things as well.
i swear i did housework yesterday but with all the boxing and shipping things out and such the house looked crazy when i woke...so i picked up a bit before i could really sit down and enjoy my coffee.
so just relaxing with that now..then will do housework and see about people and their pickups.
have a good day, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-01-2011, 11:42 PM   #9

Tink, I had no idea Wal Mart was open at those hours! They are talking about opening a store here in the City .... lots of debate, as they're very controversial with the harming mom-and-pop stores, anti-unionism and anti-women bias. Glad the water's receding as bit; relax with a coffee, the new laptop and the fur kids. Housework can wait... it's not going away

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
19-01-2011, 12:04 AM   #10

Haha true enough, as soon as I finish it up, someone makes a mess anyways
Yeah, our Wal-Mart is 24 hrs, I think most are. However we do not have the "super" with the full blown grocery store inside as i guess they decided that would take away way too much grocery store business around here. but you can get frozen and non perishable things and a small selection of milk and cheese..only about two aisles of the perishable stuff to pick from. But 2 liter sodas for 77 cents each!!
We only go there once in awhile as it so crowded and we are so close to the Canadian border that many Canadians travel here and camp out in the parking lot in their mobile homes and it's usually just not worth braving the crowd.
Right now when it is "off season" is okay though.. K stocked up on 2 bags of dog food (44 lbs. each!!) so we won't need to leave the house for that for quite a bit now which is nice sometimes