Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
22-01-2011, 05:11 AM   #11

Re: What makes the mods rule?

I had an unfortunate experience on a cat forum as well, not from mods i might add

Fortunately i found Catsey

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
22-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #12

Mmmmmm...

I've also seen non-cat-related forums where everything is fine - relationships started off as great as things are here. Then, however, the person who set it up (and is now definitely acknowledged as 'the owner' though the other members pay to keep the site running as and when) decided she didn't like the mod's disagreeing with her. She organised a complete change, and it's a bit like a gang of thugs running it now. Disagree with something they decide and you are completely disregarded. If they decide they don't like you, they hit you at every opportunity, and essentially it's toe the party line or get lost.

I still go on there occasionally - I made good friends there - but I stick chiefly to certain spots and ignore pretty much everything else now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
22-01-2011, 10:10 AM   #13

oh it happens with ferret forums too, there was a local forum i was on where the owner was like that and she was the only mod too and she used to edit everyone's posts. they all told me off because i did not feed the same food she fed and you must do exactly everything she did with her animals to be accepted

back on topic though!~ they don't get mad at me when i pm them for technical help

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
22-01-2011, 10:32 PM   #14

On the forum I'm talking about there were only about 3 or 4 people on there who I was comfortable with trying to get them from the other forum onto Catsey, only one followed me across though.

To be fair, one of the mods was OK it was the others that tended to gang up on users with one cat, then the other users on the forum would get involved.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: About to get a kitten
22-01-2011, 11:32 PM   #15

What makes the mods rule, to me atleast, is the night I joined catsey I was told by a mod if I needed any help with the forums just to let them know. The personal touch means a lot.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-01-2011, 11:51 PM   #16

Our Mods are approachable, not intimidating; friendly and glad to help. It makes all the difference in the world. Three cheers for our terrific trio!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: About to get a kitten
22-01-2011, 11:55 PM   #17

Thanks mods and everyone for making me welcome. Great people here

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
23-01-2011, 12:15 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Our Mods are approachable, not intimidating; friendly and glad to help. It makes all the difference in the world. Three cheers for our terrific trio!
See... in some ways I almost don't differentiate the mods from the other members. Cause it's pretty well just the same. I really have to be looking to notice the 'mod' tag...

And yes, that's a positive, cause as well as being approachable and all the rest of it, they're obviously on a level and willing to be 'one of the gang' rather than looked up to and putting themselves on a pedestal as I've seen in some places...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
23-01-2011, 12:16 AM   #19

Three cheers for Mags, Annestaff, Carole and not forgetting Az

Where would we be without them?