Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
08-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #11

Re: Sunny but snowy Saturday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
So glad they are (or will be!) safely at home again CM. Gentle cuddles around the collar from me. Those collars ARE a nightmare, both for cat and owner. Wouldn't you think that by now someone would have come up with something just as useful but less cumbersome?

I agree I'd keep the collars on if you and the girls can possibly bear it - are they dissolvable (sp?) or will you have to take them back to have the stitches removed?
To go back in 10 days. OH taken Breagh back just now to get that stitch back in - wee monster!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-01-2011, 05:50 PM   #12

Poor kits in collars - aren't we mean to them??? They should really understand it's for their own good - sadly they just don't get it

Angie - your definition of Wii error made me giggle . . . so you are now truly a golf widow - both indoors and out.

Today has been nice and slow - woke up to the smell of cooking; OH and the boys were chopping away on veggies in the kitchen and putting them in the slow cooker. There was also a 'French' loaf on the go in the bread maker.

Then it was off out to look at a car - which I think we will put a deposit on on Monday - metallic navy CLK with a navy hood. 10 years old but drove really nicely and all for just under 6K . . . bargain.

I'm now slurping on some wine and about to put the brocolli on to go with the casserole. Then I think we will watch a DVD of Ricky Gervais' Cemetery Junction. Based on a 'fictional' Reading (Rick's a Reading boy), we saw it at the pictures last year and loved it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #13

Sounds like everyone has had a lovely Saturday. I have been to work.....now home and have to say a nice day all round.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
08-01-2011, 08:06 PM   #14

Wonky pasta was amazing!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
08-01-2011, 08:20 PM   #15

Glad the wonky pasta was good!

I had some las minute-ish visitors this afternoon... they decided that Cloud must be a very 'dog like' cat... being that she spent a lot of time sniffing them, and then licking them... She definitely seems to like visitors now!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-01-2011, 09:24 PM   #16

Squirrel - if I lived nearer I'd be around to be licked by Cloud! I do hope all your visitors like cats ...... reminds me of my own poor dad, who loathed them! My dear old Merlin always made a bee-line for him!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-01-2011, 09:55 PM   #17

Quote:
Squirrel - if I lived nearer I'd be around to be licked by Cloud! I do hope all your visitors like cats ...... reminds me of my own poor dad, who loathed them! My dear old Merlin always made a bee-line for him!!!!
LOL they sense it. My aunt and uncle used to stop in on their way to Winter in Florida; Uncle Johnny loved cats, Aunt Helen was terrified of them ... so who did my Siamese immediately go to every time?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
08-01-2011, 10:08 PM   #18

Quote:
You'd be welcome, were you within a more reasonable distance. So far, all visitors have been fine with cats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
LOL they sense it. My aunt and uncle used to stop in on their way to Winter in Florida; Uncle Johnny loved cats, Aunt Helen was terrified of them ... so who did my Siamese immediately go to every time?
Mmmm - I've heard that's something to do about body language of someone who doesn't like cat's as well... makes them more approachable rather than as a challenge - which someone who likes cats will seem cause they look straight at them and similar - far more 'aggressive' than someone who would far rather the cat not notice them...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-01-2011, 10:34 PM   #19

Late check in for me.
CM glad the girls are home now and that Breagh is stitched up again.
Dog training today, the group hasn't been together for 5 weeks so they were all a bit delinquent.
Malaika was very cheeky, pawing her friends and yodelling for attention. Cute for me to watch but hard for Howard to handle her.
We were quite rightly told by the trainer that we mustn't allow too much silly behaviour from our Dogs as it's important that they associate the venue with sensible behaviour.
Poor Tom was sick this morning, he brought some small bones up so has probably been scaveging in someones rubbish. He has eaten his tea and everything seems fine now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
09-01-2011, 03:24 AM   #20

Another late check in.
Things went better than expected today. Got a good chunk of the fish room done (well, I should say K's friends did, not so much him or me; yet we both feel tired! lol..)
Sunday and Monday off then they shall come back Tuesday to hopefully get enough done to at least shut the tank off (i.e. everything living that is left in there should hopefully be transported by Tuesday..)
Cats very happy to be out of their locked rooms.
Fireplace on.
Time to relax!