Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
06-01-2011, 05:48 PM   #11

Re: Thursday daily

Hello all... That's me safe back from work. Not a lot to report - except I'm now finished for the week, and So thankful to be so. It was a real effort getting myself out this morning. But I expect that to change as the light situation improves.

Good to see so many people here, and hope that the days continue to go well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
06-01-2011, 08:20 PM   #12

Evening all, still no Puppy news, mum's temp has dropped though, apparently meaning delivery between 12 and 24 hours.
First day back at work today, not too bad but still feel i'm not properly accepted there despite trying very hard to fit in. What a perculiar job it is
Went for a long walk by the river, then a visit with a neighbour.
Cooked bread and butter pudding and now there is a lovely smell of nutmeg throughout the house. Chris still isn't well and just fancies some.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
06-01-2011, 09:11 PM   #13

Hi, guys!
We were super busy yesterday; I had a cleaning blitz through the house and loaded up the truck with things for the dump. Then we went and dropped that stuff off, ran a few errands in town (been a good while since we bothered driving to the city), and then did some grocery shopping. We were out for hours and quite tired but we got so much done, love that feeling!
Today is downtime. It is pouring and very, very soggy here! The usual 30s F here but shall drop to 20s in the coming days and a bit of snow this weekend, looks like.
Made gingerbread coffee, we had some left from the holidays so I made a pot to finish it and the house smells like Christmas again
The "fish people" shall return this weekend for two days of finishing the biggest project in the fish room--clearing out the 750 gallon!! Think it will take both Saturday and Sunday probably. In a way, I'm glad it'll be done with. I think I will wake up early to do my regular chores before they get here. Funny how Kuan Yin is usually so confident but more and more as she's grown up she really does not like strangers visiting and actually hides!
So today and tomorrow will definitely relax as not sure what this weekend will be like; if it'll be organized and calm or a total flurry (?). There are thousands of pounds of stuff to be moved so there will be lots and lots of people here. I'm not very social so this will be a task and a bit overwhelming! But I know it's for the greater good.
Got a good book deal on ebay about cats..a book called "Seven Cats and the Art of Living". Hope it's a good read!
Also have started one I checked out from the library called "Making Rounds with Oscar" about a cat who lives in a long term care facility for the elderly. Just barely started it but it looks promising.
Anyway, take care all; I hope you are well

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-01-2011, 10:46 PM   #14

Hope it's just light snow for the weekend, Tink, if the gang will be there doing the tank dismantling. Poor Kuan Yin, so many cats really don't like strangers and noise in the house .... most of mine didn't except Dandy who loved people ... he would have been happy to have had a burglar!

Shelley, sorry Chris is still poorly; mentioning bread pudding took me back ,,, that's the first thing I ever properly cooked when I was a teenager for my mom when she got back from the hospital.