Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
06-01-2011, 10:45 AM   #1

Thursday daily

Morning all

Bit overcast here and weather forcasts are saying snow possnly by the weekend....but then turning to rain so hopefuly not "staying around"

Off to the Docs this morning, just a check up. But think this dreaded "flu bug thing" thats doing the rounds has finaly caught me. But I am moving on through it.

Hope everyone is good. See you all later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
06-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #2

Re: Thursday daily

morning kazz, its been snowing here again but thankfully just a light covering. Hope you dont end up with the bug thats hovering about.

Im just getting ready to head to work and get the OH's and nieces birthday cards before i start at 12pm.

Have a good day and stay warm to try and avoid getting unwell.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-01-2011, 11:26 AM   #3

Morning Kazz and Pamela81 and all who follow on.

Very sorry Kazz if you think you might have got the bug. Still thanking my lucky stars having had the jab. Hope it's not really the bug, but a very distant relative, maybe a cold - fingers crossed for you anyway.

OH and I have our R&R today and it's raining steadily here so we are off to Southampton to visit the Go Outdoors sale. OH wants a new pair of walking shoes and it's his birthday tomorrow, so hopefully we will be able to find a pair he likes and are comfortable. He's quite easy to buy shoes for.

Hope everyone has a good day. Will catch up later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
06-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #4

Morning folks

Sunny here but v cold and we still have the snow from yesterday lying. The chooks are scolding me again

Having some friends round for lunch today so off to do kitchen floor as we had a few wet muddy boots through yesterday.

Enjoy your day peeps

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
06-01-2011, 12:20 PM   #5

Greetings from warm Melbourne ... Thanks for the warm welcome back.. Weather here today was nice and sunny ( 34 deg cel) so tonight is another 'sheet' night which means Harry will probably sleep under the bed until the early hours when she will hop up and stake her place.. She's always there when I wake up and she often wakes me when she hops up around 1 am
Another warm day tomorrow here hope that the cold weather across the pond is not too oppressive.
Have a good one everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
06-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #6

Hi angie, what go outdoors is it you are going to? I work im the one im clydebank. North face shoes are quite good. As are salomon. Let me know which 1s he goes for.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
06-01-2011, 03:44 PM   #7

Darn it these school holidays are dragging - I think the boys are so fed up that they want to go back to school as much as I want them to! Not til next Tuesday though.

I'm having to juggle working from home with trying to spend some time with the twosome - today is better; yesterday I hardly had time to leave the laptop for a pee as was at the PC solid for 13 hours (could always have taken it with me I suppose ).

It's cold, windy and extremely wet here - OH took the car to work as he's bringing a PC back which our techie people has serviced so I'm stuck indoors; no way am I stepping out doors in that rain.

Pleased to report that Fifi and Balie are spending far less time curled up asleep and more time washing, wandering around and generally squeeking for attention. Also, Fifi's foot looks to be getting better. I know if it IS a tumour that is unlikely but it's got a much smaller scab now which doesn't keep falling off and regrowing.

Balie's throwing up less but still being anti-social. My cleaner was here this morning and she thought he'd cracked it when she found him peeing in the litter tray. Only for him to then promptly dump his vanload on the kitchen floor Ooops!

That's my update for the mo - Karen, look after yourself girl - I had the flu jab and what was threatening to turn into something nasty thankfully passed after a couple of days in bed just before Xmas.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-01-2011, 03:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela81
Hi angie, what go outdoors is it you are going to? I work im the one im clydebank. North face shoes are quite good. As are salomon. Let me know which 1s he goes for.
We go to the Southampton store at Millbrook Road Pamela81 - we were lucky today. OH got 2 pairs of shoes, one for walking and the other for general everyday use. I also got a pair to replace my very very old trainers! Salomon are way out of our league, we went for cheapies! OH has Regatta and 50 Peaks and I have HiTec. Also bought a new larger rucksack.

I really like the store - plenty of room and well laid out. Staff are friendly but not pushy. Last time we went I was impressed by the young lady on the till who was into Civil War re-enactment.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-01-2011, 05:19 PM   #9

Hi all! Still normally chilly, 0 C (32 F) this morning, , may make to 6 C by afternoon; sun now, snow flurries tomorrow, hopefully nothing worse. Grocery delivery today so no need to go out in the cold! Had a nice visit yesterday with Carolyn who's back from her Christmas visit to her mom in Oklahoma; she was impressed at the quiz questions, agrees that Catseyers are smart people!

Jo, wish you could send me some of that lovely warmth; Angie, hope you like the new trainers. Kazz, do try to throw off that bug; do you take extra vitamin C in the Winter? I'm a great believer in it. Yola, your two have a really long Winter break, don't they? When I was in school we got a few days before Christmas, the week between it and New Years and then back to classes. I didn't know you did Civil War reenactments in the UK; it's quite a big thing here for ours.

Stay well, warm and happy, please!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
06-01-2011, 05:40 PM   #10

Hi all, just back from taking the dog for his trim. The drive there was awful, loads of rain and sleet really horrible! After we left Morgan with his groomer we went for our usual trip to the wildfowl centre only to find it closed for 2 weeks, not open until 15th so we ended up in a pub instead.

DM I think most UK state schools are back to work as of 4th Jan but the independent ones tend to have longer breaks. As for Civil War re-enactments, there's a group called the Sealed Knot that have been dressing up as Roundheads and Cavaliers for quite a few years now - can't see the appeal myself though.