Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
04-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #1

Tuesday Daily

Gosh, nearly 2pm and no daily - what exciting things are you all doing??

Wet and cold here today so inside jobs getting done.

Booked the girls in to vet for their spay on Friday. I know it is a routine op but I can feel the butterflies starting already.

Breagh has been out and about on her harness for the 2nd time - she has no fear and I worry about her being ok when she goes out. Izzi is the opposite and is quite nervous even being carried around the garden.

Going to visit an elderly Aunt late afternoon.

Enjoy your day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
04-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #2

Re: Tuesday Daily

Done a bit of laundry, pottered about then made another huge pot of vegetable soup. Got to find my briefcase as I'm back to school tomorrow afternoon (it's 2 years since I did any teaching!) OH checked earlier on that I have petrol in my car (it doesn't get much use these days) but I need to top-up the screen-wash I think.

It's very quiet outside today, everyone's gone back to work I suppose. Enjoy it if you can!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
04-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #3

afternoon all! yeah cm, pip will be going in for neutering in the next week or so aswell, its just natural to be worried for them! hope the kids go easy on you tomorrow mrsh!
i have been asked to babysit again, *groan*! i dont mind, but this will be the 3rd time over the holiday period, watching both of them for a good few hours! i wanted today to myself as its back to work tomorrow! oh well i will remember this when i want something back!! pip is lying sleeping in his radiator bed after having a *crazy* all morning, its tiring just watching him! the dog had enough of him and went to lie in his cage, cue pip jumping on top of the cage trying to swipe at him!! got a few pics, will try to put them up after babysitting duties!! hae a nice day all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-01-2011, 03:38 PM   #4

Hi CM, MrsH! A very gloomy cloudy cold day here. I have been dusting bookshelves and have nearly finished the ones in the study/office. Been trying to reorganise a bit to give my ever growing family history files a bit more space.

Laundry on the go too so feel I've been good. OH is out playing golf. Hope he has a good round and it may cheer him up a bit. I know what's wrong - he is dreading telling his mum that she will have to go into residential care - he's hardly speaking to me at all.

Ah well, I have some old Bryan Adams cheerful rock on and Kizzy has been very affectionate and getting in the way a bit too!!!

Back later - just going to finish the shelves.

Sorry Lynz, didn't see you posting about the same time!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
04-01-2011, 04:18 PM   #5

Hey all... Not long back from work here. I got out 'early' cause I 'worked' throguh my half hour lunch break, and thent ook that off of my end time day wise.

Think I did a grand total of one task in the office. No, make that two!!! Not much else needing doing.

I spent the day reading up on post op care for Spaying... decided that seeing that is coming up over the next month or so I'd see what was being said about it... No doubt I'll also be 'listening' avidly to the stories that CM and Linz have of their experiences. Really need to check up with the receptionist of the practice as to what to expect (drop off and collection times) when I book the appt.

No idea how Lazy cloud has been today as have bene out - but she currently having a fine time - playing with a notebook of mine...

Hope all goes well - better continue on with the next thing now!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-01-2011, 05:13 PM   #6

Hi, people! Seasonable weather, will make the normal 6 C today, but brisk mornings, only minus 2 (29 F) now, no wind to speak of and some sunshine. Another lazy lie-in day, think I'm in the mood to do some pickling this afternoon: hot cauliflower and beets.

It's normal to worry about the spayings, sure all will go well, and it's such a relief to have it over and done with. MrsH, hope all goes well back at school; Angie, has Ian finally decided about MIL? That would make life so much better for you.... CM, odd how some of them take quickly to harness training and others are always a bit jumpy and nervous: I have had both.

Have a good day, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
04-01-2011, 07:53 PM   #7

Evening all.
Hope Izzy, Breagh and Pip's neutering ops go well.
MrsH hope work goes well tomorrow and you Lynz. I am back on Thur, it has been so nice not to have a routine and oh how the petrol has lasted , I shouldn't complain about going back to work as my contract finishes in March
Eileen hope you get pickled
Angie i realy hope you get your situation sorted soon, i feel for you all.
Kate like you i need to read up about spaying as we will need to get Malaika done sometime this year
Found two books at the carboot this morning and then had a lucky find in Next. The sale is still on and i found a jumper dress that i liked before Christmas, it was my size and reduced from £65.00 to £20.00

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #8

LOL, Shelley, I have made two jars of pickles! I won't start on the gin until a bit later in the day myself! Good bargain on the dress.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
04-01-2011, 11:43 PM   #9

Allo, all
Let's see...
Some fish people here to take another load of things, after they load up most of the work will be then done at another person's house so they won't be here much longer..
After that, out for lunch and a run to the dump..we are just so behind on trash after the holidays and our trash service is so much more costly that we've been conserving how much we put out for them each week and it's finally added up to the point i'm just willing to drive and drop it all off at this point, will be nice to have a fresh start..especially since it's far too cold to have our usual burns of the paper materials that has really made it add up and i'm tired of looking at it!!
Then maybe a stop for some groceries, was payday yesterday but we were just far too tired to do it then.
Then home for a regular day.
Hope you all have had a good one!