Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
03-01-2011, 11:05 AM   #1

Must be Monday...

Morning all... Hope everyone has had a good nights rest, and that the day ahead goes well. Also hope that those of us who have been poorly are now feeling lots better.

Not much to report here. Am up, fed, and dressed - and in that strange place of both not wanting to do much and feeling bored!!! Going to have to do something though - return to work tomorrow, and the place is a state cause I got half way through my organising and then stopped... May see if I can get myself to drop in on my downstairs - need to catch up with her, and may as well spend some time with someone - haven't been over the door step since I got back on Thurs...

See you all later!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
03-01-2011, 11:40 AM   #2

Re: Must be Monday...

Good morning squirrel and those to follow

I finally managed to get a lie in today as im off work due to working yesterday. Was however woken up at about 4am with Harris sneezing which he has continued to do a few times since then. Hoping its just a sniffle but will be keeping an eye on him.

Our day is consisting of going to take OH's nanas decorations down, then visiting a pet shop to see if they will take any of our baby fish, shopping and then back home to take our tree down and tidy up. Not quite the relaxing day i was hoping for but never mind.

Your neighbour will probably be happy of the company squirrel if you pop in.

Have a great day everyone, chat later.
ps, im off work on wed so hoping to join in the quiz this week as i enjoyed it the last time i played

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-01-2011, 12:29 PM   #3

Morning Squirrel and pamela81 and all who follow.

OH had a really bad night's sleep last night and as a consequence is rather grumpy this morning, but having said that he's been a whirling dervish and has taken the tree down. It had shed amazingly so it took two of us with different vacuums to clean all that up. Living room is back to normal now and we just need to put the decoration box back up in the loft. Grocery delivery later this morning - back to normal food-wise and we've been careful with stuff we've ordered. Mind you, still quite a lot of goodies to eat, like chocolates and nuts but will try and space those out.

I'm upset with my Pip - he's had two robins this morning. BAD CAT

Have a good day everyone. I see that Scottish members will have an extra Bank Holiday tomorrow, so they are lucky bunnies!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
03-01-2011, 12:33 PM   #4

morning all! had a rubbish sleep, woke with the right side of my head and neck sore so must of been sleeping funny although i feel a cold coming on. up and almost ready, going to glasgow with my friend she is having a wedding dress fitting then think we will have a wander round the shops and ice skating at george square
hope everyone has a good day!

Catsey Veteran

03-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #5

Extra bank holiday? I wish!?! My place of work gives us an exact number of public holidays, and with what we've had up til today we've used them all up - except for one in May and one in June. Maybe some of us Scots will have it, but...

Sorry to hear that OH didn't sleep so great Angie, but well done you both for what you've achieved so far. Oh, and Bad Pip!

Pamela - enjoy your break, am sure that's a relief. Sounds good on getting to the Quiz on Weds...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-01-2011, 12:47 PM   #6

Sorry 'bout that Squirrel, just checked and my Filofax says "Holiday Scotland", but not Bank Holiday, so I suppose it's up to employers. Wonder which of our Scottish members are lucky then?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
03-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #7

Hello everyone,
Kate, hope you manage to get some organising done and a visit with your neighbour.
Angie, what a naughty Pip, poor Robins.
Pamela, hope Harris is ok.
I too had a bad night, kept waking up, it was very cold again and at 2.00am i remembered i hadn't invited next doors cat in, she was in her insulated box but still. Anyway as soon as i called her she shot in.
Been for a nice walk with Malaika to meet her friends, they all had a great romp and us humans enjoyed a good natter.The only scary thing was two of the dogs fought, one was a huge American bull dog pup and the other a JRT. Have to say the bull dog came off worse , with a bleeding mouth:O
Going to spend the rest of the day doing some jobs and relaxing (if i can )

Catsey Veteran

03-01-2011, 01:31 PM   #8

No worries Angie... TBH we don't get bank holidays in general anyway - unless we take them as part of our A/L. As I said, we get one in May, one in June, and then about 5 or 6 this time of the year - half taken from last years A/L half taken from this... I think there is a hope that we'll be allowed to take off the royal wedding date when that comes up, but I'd expect they'll take it from elsewhere... *shrugs*

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
03-01-2011, 01:59 PM   #9

Afternoon all.
Sorry to sound smug Angie but our tree is still green and beautiful OH has kept topping up the water in the tree stand and it's done really well considering I've been poorly and we've kept the room hotter than usual. It won't be coming down until 6th Jan - got to keep the tradition!

I'm feeling much brighter today and must make myself do some light physical activity, I'm working on Wednesday afternoon and need to get into training! I've spent the morning looking at the lesson notes the previous teacher sent me but to be honest they're not very helpful. It'll all be clearer when I get to study the pupils' workfiles which are stored in the department at school.

Enjoy the rest of your Monday everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
03-01-2011, 03:00 PM   #10

MrsH, i'm confused and i need to get it right. I looked up about taking deccies down and this is what i found. What do you think

Why is Twelfth Night on the 5th January and not the 6th (Twelfth Day)?

It is only with our modern understanding of astronomy and time keeping that we start a new day in the middle of the night. To our ancient ancestors, the end of day was when the sun went down. The oncoming night was the beginning of the next day. Nights were actually part of the holiday i.e. part of the next day. visit projectbritain.com

Night Day

Christmas, started at sunset on 24 December. They considered this to be Christmas Evening (or Christmas Eve). Christmas would then continue until nightfall on the 25th which started St. Stephen's Day, (Boxing Day) the first of the twelve days of Christmas.