Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
21-11-2022, 09:00 AM   #1

Monday daily.

Good morning ladies,
Monday 8pm here and it's a warmish night, although it rained heavily this afternoon. I took a risk and did some washing early this morning and hung it out, knowing that it was going to rain. The morning was beautiful and by midday, it was totally dry, so we bought it in .By 1pm, it was pouring with rain, so I was lucky. There's a heavy rain warning in place for tomorrow, but I've got no more washing to do for the next few days anyway. Janna wasn't working today but she starts at 8am tomorrow, then is off for the next couple of days, which is good as the weather is meant to be nasty and she gets soaked walking to the bus stop. It's not that close. I've been feeling a bit queasy today, on and off and haven't eaten anything. except a piece of toast for tea. We only had white bread, which I don't like, but I'll get some wholemeal bread tomorrow when I go and do a bit of shopping at my local supermarket. Janna had one of the magpies land on her arm tonight and eat out of her hand for the first time. I've told her not to do that as they're wild birds and not everyone is as kind as she is. She really has a way with birds and can get the blackbirds to take food from her as well.

The weeds in the garden are finally starting to turn yellow and die off. Duncan the gardener sprayed them nearly 2 weeks ago. I was out in the garden today and saw something black in among the weeds by the garage. I went over to it and when i pulled it up ,it was one of my track shoes that I lost around 3 years ago. Actually I hadn't lost it - Willow ran off with it and I didn't know where she had dropped it. She must have taken it outside and buried it in the garden.. I put it back where it was and covered it up again.in memory of her. She's all around me still. Her soft toy balls that she loved to carry around in her mouth are lying all over the lounge now - Miracle brings them in from the back conservatory every night and brings them to us as gifts.She started doing that as soon as I lost Willow. It's all accompanied by loud meowing.

I started wrapping up a few xmas presents this afternoon, as I don't want to leave it until the last minute this year., like I usually do. I still don't know what to get Brenna and Jared .I usually get my sister, cousin and Brenna a box of 3 soaps from a lady I know who makes them, and I've got them,those, but I thought I might get Brenna and Jared some eco friendly household products as ,well, for their home. As for the children, I haven't got a clue yet and time is marching on.I suppose you ladies have already done all your xmas shopping. I am so unorganized.

PAMELA, ouch !!! You must be really sore. I hope your big toe and nail have settled down a bit and you were able to put your shoe on. Anything to do with your toes is really painful. i hope you haven't broken your toe. You'll soon know if you have. If you can, get some epsom salts and dissolve a wee bit in hot water and soak your foot it it. It works wonders. and helps healing. I hope you're working from home today. AND Steven starts his new job today. I wish him all the luck in the world and hope it is everything he is looking for in a job. I hope Barney, Mia and Robyn are all doing well.

SHELLEY, hope all is well with you ,Howard, Chris and the pups.Any sign of your book copies yet ? You must be getting excited. How is Reuben doing ? I hope he's doing well. I know his dad loves him very much.

Well ladies, the cats are waiting to go outside and have a sniff round. Just got to make sure there's no birds around. Still no word about my Bible Study. I've either failed or it's so good that the teachers are lost for words !!! If I haven't passed the exam for Level 2, I only have to repeat the last lesson and a different exam, not the whole Level 2 again. Thank goodness.

Have a wonderful Monday ladies, and Steven, all the best for today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-11-2022, 02:28 PM   #2

Re: Monday daily.

Hello ladies.
We had a nice weekend, on Saturday I went to a doll club meeting in the lakes.
We meet at an ice cream parlour and have lunch there first.
Most of us took Christmas and royalty related dolls etc to display and chat about.
Yesterday we met up with my cousins and went a lovely dog walk and then lunch at a cafe.
No sign of the books yet but the doll was finished within a week.
I'm very pleased, it's a good likeness, including the clothing which Gillie reproduced from the photo.
Pamela, I hope Steven has a good first day at his new job.
How is your poorly foot today, its horrible when you fall over.
I slipped in the mud yesterday but fortunately didn't hurt myself.
Dinky, it's lovely that Janna can hand feed the birds.
It's possible to do it in the brickcroft, tends to be Robins and Great Tits.
I haven't even begun to think about Christmas yet and only begin in December.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
21-11-2022, 08:52 PM   #3

Re: Monday daily.

Good evening ladies,

It has been really cold here today. Very icy this morning as well. I did a separate walk with Robyn this morning so i can concentrate on her training. She was 50/50 good today but was fantastic yesterday. We will get there!! Baby steps all the way!! Also been doing some training with her in the house and garden as she wont come back in from the garden when you let her out so i am now putting her collar and a long line on her and letting the lead trail behind her when she is out and she comes in every time and isnt as hyper which is great.

My toe is still sore but i can get my shoe on now so i take that as a win!! Not had much need to have a shoe on today though as working from home and was very quiet so spent time playing with Robyn and Mia.

Dinky thats lovely that Janna can feed the birds by hand but you are right not everyone will be as nice as Janna.

I love that you found your shoe in the garden that Willow left for you. Its a lovely wee memorial to her. It just shows you that there will always be something unexpected to remind you of them. That was very lucky that you got your washing dried, its too cold here now to have a wash out.

You are very organised with christmas presents!! I have bought a few but havent started wrapping them or anywhere near being finished although im not sure what else i need to get except for Stevens presents and i have no clue what to get him at the moment.

Im in the office tomorrow and then dog school with Robyn. Steven enjoyed his first day today. He has been chatting about it like an excited kid after their first day of school!!

Have a lovely evening ladies