Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
15-11-2022, 10:36 AM   #1

Tuesday daily.

Good morning ladies. Tuesday 8.30pm here and it's been a warm but very windy day. It's still windy tonight and the cats didn't want to go out at all. They hate the wind. Janna finished work at 4.30 today and had an uneventful ride home in the bus tonight, thank goodness. I really wanted to go out and do some shopping today, but my knees haven't settled down yet and so I stayed home and did very little. We just had chicken nuggets and cheese and pineapple toasties for tea tonight, so nice and easy. I hear it's going to be 24 degrees tomorrow and that's getting a bit hot for me, especially if there's no cloud cover.I've got a heap of washing to do anyway, so I'll be able to get it all dry anyway.

Our covid cases are going up steadily. It's the same in Australia. Masks are still not mandatory here, but i always wear one anyway if I go out., as do a lot of people. The powers that be think New Zealand is heading into a 4th wave , which is a shame for Christmas.

Draco ,my big drake that visits day and night still has a sore leg and is limping quite badly. I'm giving him plenty of duck seed when he comes and he loves fresh water that I have out for the birds.Jack and Vera are now very tame and come right up to the back conservatory door and knock their beaks against the window to let me know they're there waiting.The wee wild birds aren't fazed by the ducks at all now, but they won't come down while the magpies are there. Gosh those magpies are beautiful birds.

Brenna has gone ahead and bought me a Dyson Pure for xmas. I wish she hadn't spent all that money, as I really wanted to talk to someone who has one, to find out what they are like before I got one.I know Dyson is a really good brand - their vacuum cleaners are really good I hear, so I suppose the Pure will also be good. It's too late now anyway. Oren ran away from school today and came home. Luckily Jared was there. I'm not sure what's going to happen with him, as he's not really fitting in to the school routine this year at all. Next year he will have an older, more experienced teacher, which might be better. Oren is an excellent reader and brilliant at maths, but he basically just wants to work on his own right away from people and noise.Yet he's a gentle little boy, lovely with animals and babies and very sensitive. My cats love him because he speaks and moves very quietly around them and he lets them play with his hair. - Oren has waist length hair that he refuses to get cut. My Paddy had the same at Oren's age and as he refused to brush it ,it eventually went into long dreads. It was so awful I hated to take him out anywhere .Anyway, enough about me.

PAMELA, hope you and Steven are both OK and that your neck and shoulder are now less painful. it must be hard working at the computer with a sore shoulder. Did you manage to get your cat litter ? I managed to get one packet of Temptations online this morning in the chicken flavour that the cats like. Plastic tubs were also available but my cats won't eat those ones ,as the plastic gives the treats a funny smell. Thy are exactly the same treats, but when I smelt them, there was a plasticy smell about them that the ones in the bags don't have.I hope the beautiful Barney is doing well and not losing too much hair on his back. You'll have to make sure he doesn't feel the cold in the winter, Pamela.

SHELLEY, hope all is well with you and the pups and you're not working too hard. How many copies of your book are you going to have printed ? It will be so exciting when you finally get the copies. I saw that basenji dog that lives across the road ,this morning. It was out on its own on the footpath, and i wished that it would go back inside. I hate seeing dogs unattended near the road.

Well ladies, I must go and turn off this computer as it's getting very hot again. There's definitely something going wrong with it.

Have a great Tuesday Pamela and Shelley and love to all Catsey cats ,dogs, ducks and magpies and Loona and Reuben of course.