Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
14-11-2022, 10:44 AM   #1

Monday daily

Good morning ladies,
Monday 9.15pm here and it's been another nice day, although colder now.Sorry I haven't posted for a couple of days. I have begun to post, then my computer deletes everything.Jared is coming to have a look at it. It hasn't been going right since it was moved after the flooding. Anyway, I'll just go slowly here ,and very gently. and see how I go. The computer has been off most of the day, so it should be OK.

I had to go to the hospital today for my knee x-rays. My knees weren't bad before I went, but I had to go into various positions to have the x-rays done and that hurt them At least that's done now. The results should be with my doctor in about a week's time. When I got home again, I got a call from the plumber saying that my bill was now overdue, when I actually had paid it early. That made me mad, but luckily i could prove I'd paid it through my internet banking. Christchurch and the rest of New Zealand seems to be experiencing a spate of violence at the moment. -lots of stabbings and shootings.and ram raids in stolen cars by kids as young as 11.Our bus interchange has gangs of young kids roaming around there at night, pushing and shoving people and using filthy language. Last night when Janna was catching the bus home at around 6pm, four boys of around 11-12 years old got on her bus and refused to pay. Then they began throwing boiled lollies at the other passengers and swearing. When one man told them to cut it out, they started punching him. The driver stopped the bus and physically pushed them out but they were kicking him and swearing. I really think the world is going crazy. This morning a man was walking his little dog in a Christchurch park when some unknown person stabbed him multiple times. The dog ran home alone and the family went to find him. This poor man is now in hospital in critical condition. It seems to be getting more and more dangerous to leave the house.I do worry about Janna using the bus interchange at night after work, but she has no other way to get home.

Last night we had a Thai meal from the local takeaway for tea, followed by a white chocolate and raspberry icecream on a stick. Yum, that was so nice.

The cats are all OK but Snoddy is very needy at the moment and wants me to go to bed all the time so that he can lie down beside me.He follows me around meowing and wants tickles and pats all the time. I'm guessing he might be cold, even though the weather has been nice. He did have to have quite a drastic shave at the groomer. He doesn't feel cold though - his skin is warm to the touch.

Janna is off to the dentist on Thursday so she is having Thursday and Friday off work this week. I'll go with her and we might do a wee bit of xmas shopping at Bishopdale and most definitely have morning tea at the cafe there.

Last weekend I had my grandson, Oren ,staying here. He always wants to stay as he doesn't like the noise in his own home. Brenna says he's having a bit of a problem at school at the moment ,as he keeps refusing to wear shoes and socks ,but unfortunately they are part of the uniform. Oren says they are scratchy and he's never been able to stand anything itchy against his skin. He's always a good boy with me and he's a quiet little guy so the cats don't mind him. The only problem is that when it's time to go home, Oren has a major melt down
and ends up crying and screaming all the way home. I told him he could come and stay for a weekend in December and we would do some baking together, so he's looking forward to that. Of course now Asha wants to come too.

PAMELA I'm thrilled that Robyn had such a good result at dog school. You must be so pleased as well.I think she'll go ahead in leaps and bounds now. She certainly must have a high prey drive ,as she "loves" your birds in the back yard. Mind you, she's doing what comes naturally to her and that's understandable.The main thing is that she is OK with your cats I'm glad that your meeting with your sister and nephew and his girlfriend went so well, and that things are back to normal with your sister.That little girl must be adorable, but her poor mummy will have her hands full with her.Has the wee one had a definite diagnosis of autism yet or is she too young ? Paddy and Oren weren't given a definite diagnosis until they were 4-5 years. Fortunately there's lots of help out there now for autistic children and these kiddies have a charm all their own.

I'm glad you got a replacement for Robyn's harness. A good harness should last a lot longer than 6 months I bet she enjoyed that play date with Loona on Sunday. It's good for Robyn to have a good run around as she's a very energetic young dog. I always thought that the Brittany was a spaniel breed and I've since found out that they are not.They certainly are beautiful looking dogs.

Gosh, I know what it's like when the favourite cat litter is out of stock. Good luck in finding some. We currently have a shortage of Temptation cat treats in the chicken flavour ,which is the only flavour my cats will eat. It's a real nightmare.

I'm glad that you finally got Barney's results back. I know nothing about thyroid problems in dogs, but I think you're wise to not go down the track of more testing or medications at this time. As you say, just keep your eye on him and wait. he's happy, he can still get out for a walk and enjoy life and he's eating well, so leave well enough alone and just watch him.I do know there are good homeopathic treatments for this problem in dogs that are totally non- invasive. My cousin's son has a Goldie who is on this regime and is doing well.
Barney is doing so well and he's happy, which is the main thing.

SHELLEY, how wonderful that your book proof has finally gone to print. Only another 3 weeks and you'll have your copies. I bet you can't wait.
How is the doll going ? I guess it won't be finished yet. Are you going to make the clothes for it ? Lucky you having magpies visiting your bird table. Aren't they just so beautiful ? My two, along with 5 ducks ,visit every day.I'd love a pet magpie, but I couldn't bear to keep it in a cage. I hate caging any creature. I hope your visit to your friend in Manchester on Saturday was enjoyable and that her older red settler is doing well. Did you bring either of your dogs ,or did they stay at home I hope your dad's finger has now healed and that Reuben is continuing to do well.

Well ladies, I'm now going to watch an episode of 7th Heaven ,then going to bed as my knees are killing me.

Have a great Monday Pamela and .Shelley. ( Sorry about any spelling errors in this post . I dare not go back and fix them as that's when this stupid computer starts deleting everything)